a c q u a i n t a n c e

“Hey Taehyung

“Hey Taehyung.”

Taehyung blinked in surprise, mouth half hanging open, as he took in the sight of the brunette taking his place beside him on the bench.

Jeongguk noticed him staring. “Uh, you okay?”

“You actually greeted me.” Taehyung couldn't help but smile super wide. “The Jeongguk actually greeted his servant.”

“Is that illegal or something?” Jeongguk shook some peanuts out of a packet and offered them to the latter.

Taehyung refused. “No, I'm allergic, sorry.” he grinned apologetically.

“That's alright.”

They sat in silence, gazing out at the other students loitering in the university grounds. The literature professor had called in sick that day, so everyone in their class was basically free.

“So,” Jeongguk started, not wanting to stretch the silence into an awkward one. “How's the song coming along?”

“What song?”

“That one where those days are gone my friend or something?”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. “You listened to me sing?”

“Well, I— I had to!” Jeongguk hoped he wasn't red. “You always sung right next to the art room, it was annoying.”

“Riiiiiight.”

“And besides, I don't even like music or songs.”

“Yes, you told me—”

Their conversation was interrupted by a certain someone who jumped up from behind the bench, startling both the boys.

“Just kiss already.” Hoseok yawned. “We've been spying for ages, yet all you do is talk about songs.

Jeongguk looked confused as if to say, do I know you?, while Taehyung frowned.

“Wait a second.” he narrowed his gaze. “What do you mean 'We'?”

Both boys jumped again as another person emerged from behind the bench.

“He means to say, me and him.” Jimin grinned, doing the ‘jazz hands’.

At the sight of him, Jeongguk facepalmed. “You, I do know.” he groaned.

“Aren't you that dude who gave me Jeongguk's number?” Taehyung asked.
“Yup.” Jimin puffed his chest out proudly. “Just out here doing god's work.”

“How do you guys even know each other?”

“Funny story, actually.” Jimin threw an arm around Hoseok's shoulder. “Hobi and Yoongs were past boyfriends, but they still kept in touch after their breakup. Recently, they were doing good so when your and Taehyung's dilemma started, they added me to their plan to get you guys together. Simple.”

Both Taehyung and Jeongguk tried to cover up their rapidly reddening skin, but failed miserably.

“Oh, shut up, we're not like that.” Jeongguk spoke up first. Taehyung nodded vigorously.

“Y-yeah! We're just friends!”

“Acquaintances.”

“Acquaintances, exactly.”

“Probably something even less.”

“I agree.”

Hoseok and Jimin looked as if they were trying hard to contain their laughter.

“Well, okay~” Hoseok hummed. “Believe whatever you want.”

“Good. Now leave.” Taehyung scowled, and continued scowling until both boys had gone away. Once he was sure they weren't spying on them anymore, he plopped down, huffing.

“Best friends, y'know.” he shrugged.

Jeongguk nodded in understanding.

“So...am I still not allowed to talk during the dance or...?”

The brunette smirked. “Oh no, the condition still stands.”

“Dang it.”

a/n; this is totally not a filler hahah