m e l o d y

It was his voice that Jeongguk first heard

Rich. Melodious. One might even say heavenly. Emanating from beyond the thin walls of the art room, it caused the brunette to pause, mid stroke.

To be completely honest, a music lover  would be the last thing Jeon Jeongguk would use to describe himself. The boy loved echoeing silence. He loved how the utter absense of sound would press upon his ears, muffling any sort of rancid blaring. Call it a side effect of his claustrophobia, but he would not be able to step into a room with more than the ordinary sound levels, no matter how hard he would try.

The thing was, anything louder than a normal octave, made his head spin.

But right now, just as he was adding the finishing touches on his cosmos painting; he faltered.

"Gone are the days when we would walk a-al--argh no."

The melody came to an abrupt stop.

"Walk all together? No, walk....along the bays! Yes yes."

The soft notes of a piano pervaded the silence. Jeongguk listened to just the music for a while, before the voice sang again.

"gone are the days when we would walk

along the bays among the talks

just us two, hand in hand

yes, they are gone, those days my friend"

Intriguing, to say the least. It didn't help Jeongguk's curiousity that he recognized that voice.

He wasn't sure as to why he found himself abandoning his masterpiece to walk across the vacated room and out into the hall. All he knew, that the curiosity inside his head was pulsing. Reaching the door labelled Music Room, he slightly pushed the rough surface, for it to open the slightest bit, just enough for him to peek through.

It was Taehyung, all right.

The blonde was situated in front of a grand piano, fingers strumming away at the keys, eyes fluttered shut, while the deep notes left his throat. An array of sheets was scattered along the head of the piano, where evidently, he had scribbled the lyrics on to.

It was.....euphoric.

Jeongguk took in the sight for a minute longer, then leaned back against the wall, sensing the rapid thrum of his heart. He frowned, troubled. He had so far felt only resentment and irritation towards the latter. So why now?

Deciding on completing the painting some other day, he padded away quietly, so as to not disturb Taehyung from his own little world.

_

a/n; bitch love yourself: wonder is coming amf i am piSSED becUse i still domt have my phonr >:(