p o e m

________

________

Still kind of shaken from the constricted space the tent had provided, Jeongguk heaved a huge breath as he leaned against a tree. Running a hand through his already ruffled mop of hair, he weakly lifted his eyelids.

I told you it was a bad idea, his consciousness screamed at him. You never listen to me!

Oh shut up, I'm fine, he shot back and stood up straighter, placing his weight back on his legs.

He was contemplating whether to go search for Jimin, or text Yoongi, when he heard an announcement over the loudspeaker.

“Attention guests, attention. The scheduled winner of last week's poetic contest is going to dictate his art to us in five minutes, so hurry to the central stage!”

“Poetic contest?” Jeongguk wondered aloud.

A pair of giggling teenagers passing in front of him squealed as the announcement came to an end.

“Chan! It's him! Come on!” The one with the short bob said to the other, who nodded enthusiastically.

Who's this winner, anyway?

It was pure curiosity, not interest, or love towards ballads, that brought Jeongguk placing one foot in front of the other, leading towards a wooden stage built for the exhibition, where a small crowd had gathered.

“H-hello everyone!”

This was a new voice, spoken, Jeongguk knew, from the top of the stage.

“Yeah, I'm here because all of you voted for my poem, so...hehe yeah.”

The crowd slightly laughed with him.

Pushing past two people, Jeongguk lifted his gaze up towards the stage.

And that was when he saw him.

That was when he saw the most stuck up and irritating person to have ever entered his life.

Not that he knew that now, of course not. Fate can be funny like that sometimes.

“So, here it is.”

Jeongguk watched as the latter pressed the mic slightly to his lips, how pink and soft looking they were, and his heart beat faster as he heard him recite the next words.

“I am irritated by my own writing
I am like a violinist whose ear is true,
but whose fingers
refuse to reproduce precisely the sound he hears within

Dance with the waves
Move with the sea
Let the rhythm of the water
Set your soul free”

Oh, how beautiful these lyrics were, speaking of wondrous artifacts rarely seen.

Oh, how the crowd burst into applause and smiles.

Oh, how it all irked Jeongguk.

A/N; let the actual story begin *dramatic pose*