Part 0: Author Statements

(THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY HAVING EDITING FOR OLDER CHAPTERS!) (Don't worry, the general plot isn't going to change. I'll still be releasing new chapters!)

Before you start reading, I wanted to point out and discuss a few things with you readers!

Yes, this is romance story between Edward Kenway and Mary Read. For me, I loved the chemistry between the two on the video game, and was saddened to see Mary go.

This story not isn't just a romance, it's also an action story. I'll focus heavy of naval combat and naval warfare in this fanfiction. Assassins Creed 4 was full of naval combat to begin with, and I really wanted to show some of it in this story.

I'm no naval expert, but I do know a lot to get by some of the barriers.

The romance in this story is going to build up, and it's not going to be entirely cliche.

I used "entirely" because everyone's story is going to have some sort of cliche in it. It's an inevitable truth us writers face, haha!

Just to be clear, everything prior to the Assassin mission in Tulum is canon to the fanfiction! Afterwards, I spin them own way!

Don't be shocked to find out that I twisted some of the story and plot from the original.

This will take place even after AC4 storyline ends in game.

Alright! Have a fun read lads! Hoist the sails! Fire the cannons! Prepare for a voyage!

P.S. Many of the older, more nooby chapters of mine are being rewritten to my new, more experienced style of writing! So keep that in mind!