Part 15: The Warehouse Raid

Edward, Mary, and Thatch were all gathered around the map table mapping out routes, and overall, just planning the raid on the warehouse.

Nassau was on the low end, and Thatch would appreciate the help his fellow mates would give him.

"Aye, but what of the guards?"Mary asks, her large concern is the amount of guards that will pour in.

"Lass, our crews will be armed with muskets and swords and they will guard the two entrances into the courtyard from the warehouse," He points, "Here and here."

"Plus, according to my sources, the security should be low tonight, as many guards have the day off afterwards."

"Kenway's crew here will be transporting the stolen cargo on rowboats deployed off the beach head about...here."

Thatch points the location where they will meet up and start transporting the cargo.

"Who's ship will he use?" Edward asks, as he didn't know which ship to transport the goods to.

"We'll use mine, obviously." Thatch replies. He was the one who wanted to raid the warehouse in the first place.

"And as soon as we transport the goods, I'll make sail for Nassau!"

He says with excitement and passion.

Both Mary and Edward stare at him in confusion.

"Uh, mate what's with the excited mood?"

Mary asks Thatch.

"Ah nothing, I just feel happy today I guess." Thatch shrugs off.

It's been two hours since Adewale left to get his materials, and they were wondering when he was coming back.

They needed the bomb in order to blow the huge metal door guarding the warehouse.

The warehouse walls were purely made of metal and steel, stronger than the door itself.

The door was by far the weakest point in the whole structure, therefore exploiting this weakness would be their best chance.

"What about this human cargo?"

Kenway asks as he poured himself a drink.

"The cargo, whatever it is, could be recruited yer crew, I'm guessin."

Captain Thatch took a bottle and began chugging it once again, his uniform getting stains as a result.

Edward liked that plan.

The Jackdaw was beginning to run low on crew due to casualties in the previous clashes, especially with the Prince.

"Hey Edward di-"

Whatever Mary was going to ask was immediately cut off, as the door began to buckle as someone was kicking it.

It burst open, the hinges flying about like splinters. A man walked into the compound.

It was Ade! A huge grin in his face could be seen.

"Mates! Come outside in the courtyard! I've got somethin to show ya."

Ade motions for them to get up and follow.

Mary and Edward do, but Thatch spits out his drink in shock.

"Oi! THAT'S me door you just ruined!"

Thatch says, growling.

"You could've knocked!"

He says, although they were already gone. Thatch growls to himself, and he follows the rest up to the courtyard.

When Thatch went to meet the crew, Mary and Edward's eyes were already wide, and their jaws already to the floor, and Thatch soon followed.