Part 27: The Swampy Ambush

Edward and Mary managed to quickly jump aboard the Jackdaw while in the midst of it moving gracefully by them..

Adewale stood by close, greeting the two as they arrived back from their short, stealthy tenure, "Are those alarm bells disabled?"

Mary gives a quick nod, "Aye, now we should be able to sail through."

"Right, I'll relay orders to the men," Adewale, whom was now standing tall, began to order his orders, "I need full sail, now! Pull those halyards!" He yells, in a hushed tone.

As always, the crew ran around like stray lost dogs.

Boyle already was on his knickers, "Hurry up lads!" He orders rather quietly.

Meanwhile, Edward went to get hold of the helm once again, piloting his ship.

However, immediately after the Jackdaw had set sail, Edward's eyes had caught something. It wasn't even in the distance, rather in extremely close proximity.

It was way too close.

Wong's eyes widened, and he yelled, "Vessel! Starboard bow!"

"Bloody 'el!" Boyle follows.

As if the ship wasn't even there, a large, rather average sized three-masted vessel was anchored inside of the same bayou the Jackdaw was sailing on. It's sides were painted with a black on the full sides, but on the cannonholes, a streak of white was shun. It's sails were dead white, and seemed to be in perfect condition.

The mysterious ship was blocking the current way the Jackdaw was headed, basically from bow to aft to the swamp trees.

"All stop!" Edward hurriedly yells, afterwhich, he practically swings the the wheel to port.

The ship lists slightly to the port side, due to Edward's sudden turn with the helm to it. Meanwhile, the crew moved swiftly wirh the ropes and rigging, trying to stop the ship from colliding with the shallow water beneath. The Jackdaw halts it's movements completely.

"I think she's stopped," Mary announced, looking over the Jackdaw.

Kenway nods in agreement, "Aye, I'll move over."

Captain Kenway pulled his grip away from the helm, moving towards where the swivel guns were and observing the mysterious ship from the port side of the Jackdaw..

On the stern, the great cabin's windows were easily present, yet there weren't any windows blocking the view inside. They were all shattered, with small sharp shards of leftover glass left sitting in the corners of the window holes.

A lone lifeboat stood swinging over the great cabin, below it, the written name of the vessel was seen clearly with it's white letters.

The Holy Galley

Above, the very tops of the masts were basically skimming the leaves of the tall swampy trees. It's flag, the colors of an English whaler, was flying swiftly above.

"What in God's name is a whaler doin' here?" Edward whisperly asks to himself, puzzled.

"Don't know," Boyle continues, "It doesn't seem like it's occupied.."

From what Edward could observe, there was not a hint of life on the ship. No thuds, no thumps, no human movements or noises. Only the sounds of the drifting water and creaking hull could be picked up from ear.