Part 6: Short and Dreams

Edward awoken again back in the cottage with Caroline. All of these visions and dreams seemed so real, yet, they seemed as of they were from another world.

Edward, whom was now laughing his bollocks off, fell on the floor out of pure barmy, with a large thud accompanying it.

Caroline's father, who was currently checking on her daughter's wellbeing, disproved the lifestyle she was in, "A despicable display! This tuss-butt is a ruined man Caroline! Unfit for life in land much less at sea! If he goes to the West Indies, it's you that suffers!"

Those words could only mean so much at Kenway's current situation.

Caroline's father gruffly walks out of the cottage, slamming the door shut loud behind her.

"Father... father!" She raises her voice to the octaves, attempting to reason with her naughty father, but it was no use. He'd already made up his mind on who Edward was.

She sighs in disappointment, cupping both of her temples and gentling rubbing them to ease her mind.

Caroline picks up Edward, whom was knackered to the fullest, "Come love, with you now.." She says, reassuring him.

"That ol' muckworm!" Edward curses, pointing violently at the door as if it was a living being, "He's wrong about me!" Edward adds with emphasis.

"I hope it so.." Caroline replies, sounding hopeful in the desperate hole of need, "Just... ignore him, alright Edward?"

"You believe me don't you? Can you not see me? Standing out there on the deck of a ship, that's sliding into port?" He daydreams, glaring a newfound stare into the harbour with his infatuation of riches.

Edward continues, his eyes and mind glued to the thought, "And there I am, a man of quality.. With a thousand dibloons spilling out of my pockets, like drops of rain, I can see... it!"

Afterwhich, everything went blank...

...

"Kenway? Kenway! Wake up you rat!"

Kenway was still in a deep state of sleep, in which, his whole vision was blackened and he couldn't do much. However, the voices of some really rowdy kid was beginning to pop up into his eardrums.

Edward suddenly awoken to the penetrating sun rays of the Caribbean sun. The sky as blue and as rich-fulled as the sea of the West Indies itself.

Edward reluctantly blinks twice, with his gazy vision returning to clear as he slowly oprns his eyes. He turned to see who was calling him.

It was Kidd.

However before Kidd realized he was already awake, he grabbed a bucket of water and poured it down straight into Edward's face. Edward reacted accordingly, as in he was coughing and spluttering around, reaching for the neatest cloth to wipe his soaked face in, shaking his face.

"Come mate, you got to assist in repairing your Jackdaw. The bloody thing ain't repairin itself!" James took Edward's hand and helped him up.

"Bloody hell Jim! Pipe down would you?" Edward replies pissed.

"Up your arse Kenway, hurry up now will ya?" James plays sounding humorous.

The two proceeded to make their way down to shore. Either way, it was morning. They saw the Jackdaw, it's crew hammering about the ship, fixing it ship-shape.