Part 20: Confession of Emotion

"Are you alright?" Mary asking Edward, who is now on a bed inside of a tent on the shorelines of Bermuda.

Mary was worrying for him, as he still had an illness, which was not taken lightly in days like these, where smallpox and the flu were a huge issue.

Kenway turned his head to face hers, and he looked up into her vision, giving her a reassuring look.

"Aye, I still have the shivers, but I'm okay I guess," He says giving her an answer. Edward lays his head back down, but as soon as his head touches the fabric, he begins having a coughing fit.

His lungs fight him, as he struggles to tame it.

Mary takes the tankard from the table next to him, and holds it for him. Edward drinks the tankard from it's foundation below, the water disappearing like magic.

She pulls the tankard out of his mouth, and touches his head. He's hot, his temperature was blazing, as if the sun was inside his head.

She puts a wet cloth over his fore head, gentling patting it down trying to cool it.

In which, Mary decides to a favor.

"I'm going to get more water for ya, but please, just rest Edward..." Mary walks out of the tent, heading out to get some more fresh water, but before stepping out, she turns her head slightly.

"Alright?" She asks the captain.

"Alright," He responds, sighing as he felt like he wanted to do more.

Despite his illness, his mind craved to get his two legs on ground again, after being trapped in the Royal Navy ship for so long.

Sometimes staying still can make the legs jiggle, making it wanting them to go free.

She walks off, fetching the water for him in a nearby stream.

Edward felt alright, his body relaxed, no urges to vomit or cough at all.

At least until just now...

Out of his damn lungs, he begins to have another large coughing fit.

Then, his coughs were getting more profuse and more powerful at the minute, as if his lungs wanted to escape from his mouth.

It was starting to get painful, his chest area having sharp pains like a stab, to the point where he couldn't even gulp.

And then he began coughing some red liquid, seeing it splattered on his hands.

It was blood... red and wet.

His lungs then felt like it dropped, and he couldn't breathe, making huge wheezing noises as he clutched to his chest.

Mary burst in through the tent alerted, hearing his struggles for air inside.

"Edward!" She cried out, "Anne, get the doctor now!" Mary demanded, Anne went to get Aubrey.

"No, Edward come on man, stay with me here!" She pleaded, putting her hands on his chest.

His consciousness began to fade like the evening sun, and Mary took great notice to this, seeing his face lose color and vision.

He was going to die.

"No...don't die on me, please..."

Her eyes began to burst, the droplets caressing her cheek as it made its way down her face as he saw Edward's eyes fade to oblivion, slowly closing.

"Please...stay with me..."

...

"What the- the bloody hell am I?" Edward awakens, back in the Kenway cottage once more, and he was on his two feet.