Part 23: Conflicts

"George?" Mary asks bewildered, her eyes were widened to the sudden appearance of her late husband.

It looked as if he was never even dead, although the glow effect of his body hinted his possible apparition. He was standing tall with his finely dressed black boots in the wavy water, only going up to the heel.

"Hello Mary, how are you?" George asks calm, he seemed as if he never changed.

It was just as how Mary saw him on their wedding day, finely dressed in the military attire.

"I'm..." Mary pauses, shocked, "I'm just fine...love," Mary was frozen. Her eyes were wide, the whites her eyes gleaming. Why did she just say love?

Was she hallucinating? Was she dreaming? How could this be?

George chuckles, "Mary? Is there something wrong my dear?"

George seemed oblivious to the situation at hand. He was dead, yet his glowy figure appeared to Mary.

Of course something was wrong, she's seeing her former husband, who was dead, or is dead.

"Your dead..." Mary says blunt, "George your bloody dead!"

"Of course I am Mary, I'm dead," He says plainly.

What? Who would say that? 'Of course I'm dead' It seemed backwards to say such things. Now Mary knew this was just some vision.

Mary lets out a whimper, "Why? Why have you come to me?"

His death not only traumatised her, it gave her grief everytime she got reminded of it.

It left a scar in her heart that she couldn't repair.

George's face was now plain, nor happy or sad, "I'm sure you know Edward? Nice man I presume?"

Mary nods, wondering how he knew Edward, "Yes, I mean...he can get up in his own head sometimes, but otherwise yes..." She reassures.

"You left me for another one did you?" George says sudden.

Mary was dumbfounded at his sudden words, "What? No- I didn't mean-"

"Goodbye Mary..." George trails off, his figure walking away blissfully as his boots created footprints on the shoreline.

No, that's not what she meant. She didn't leave him for Edward. Life goes on right? That's what happened.

After which, Mary's vision darkens, and she passes out, dozing off.

...

Mary awakens to a dimly lit room, with only the candle light illuminating her surroundings.

She didn't know where she was. The creaking of a ship wasn't heard, so she scratched that possibility off the list.

The light was sure dim, so it was most likely in the middle of the night.

The room she was in seemed rounded at the top, and the material it was what of was straw. The floor beneath her was nothing but hard sand, barely anything to be worried about if she wanted to stay sand-free.

When observing closer, she realized she was inside of a small hut. The ones they use in Tulum.

However, soon after, she heard the voices of men talking, muffled by the walls of the hut. A man opened into the small hut. His appeared to be blondish.

It was Edward.

He peered under, removing the cloth acting as a door, and crouching so he could get through so he wouldn't hit his head.