The beginning of the adventure

Twas a normal day, the sun high in the sky and the people going about their day to day lives. Mothers out with their children, thieves waiting for a gullible person to loosen their pockets, and cattle walking amongst the paved paths.

A woman passed by with a pail of water sat atop her head, before she stopped in her tracks at what had caught not only her eyes, but everyone else's within the nearby vicinity.

At first, it was a small flicker, growing exponentially fast and brighter by the second, causing fog to turn up in the area from its immense power.

Only when the ball of light grew to shine well outside the alley did it disperse, an elderly man with a baby carriage in hand replacing the space it once took.

The elderly man walked out the alley unbothered by what the townsfolk said as he made his way towards his destination. He was not the trouble they deemed him as, just a man with a purpose, his eyes focused on his goal.

If you were to peer through what the man could see, it wasn't like ordinary sight. He was blind in that way, but it opened his eyes to better see the current of energy through the life around him. That is how he walked without trouble despite his fogged eyes.

Soon, the man was well outside the borders of the village and walked along an golden bridge.

A hooded figure, cloaked in a patchwork of fabric, a head shorter than him, appeared on that very same bridge.

"Say old man." Came out a higher pitched voice, a bit nasally. "What's in the baby carriage?"

The old man just continued his walk, as if the hooded person wasn't there, unbothered by their existence as it so seemed.

The hooded figure, however, seemed to not like being completely and utterly ignored, speaking in a much lower register tone of voice saying "Why don't we take a closer look?"

With crazed laughter, the hooded figure turned towards the old man and threw off their cloak, revealing it was actually three people who were situated underneath the shabby clothing.

Each one blocked a direction, looking ready to fight. It was then a sudden mist had appeared and engulfed all of them.

"Good trick with the mist but-!" One of the three creatures was interrupted from being being throw off the bridge by the old man, soon followed by his brethren with shrieks of their own.

Only when they were put out of commission did the fog dissipate. Pleased with this outcome, the old man reached down and gentle pulled the blanket up more over what slept within the baby carriage.

"Bravo." Yet another challenger spoke from behind the old man, this time with a more mechanic sounding voice.

"Truly impressive! It didn't take you long to get rid of my Grambos!" Is tone of voice was quite jovial, continuing on to say "Appearances can be deceiving!"

The old man, again continued walking as if unbothered by the new challenger. It was only when the challenger suddenly appeared in front of him and put a foot out in front of the wheels of the carriage did he hault in his tracks.

"Take me for example, in spite of my size, I have an insatiable appetite, and I have to devour the Wakfu in everything I encounter." The figure started, his joyous tone still annoyingly remaining.

"My trakers have just discovered an incredibly powerful source of Wakfu. Enough to satisfy my hunger for all eternity! But enough small talk. Its time you told me where you get your incredible power. And... what you're hiding in the baby carriage."

He continued his completely unnecessary speech. The old man was now annoyed at this challenger's stubbornness, finally opening his mouth to shout at the one who disturbed his peace.