Previous Life : Part 2 : Trial

"MEDICS!" You screamed, pulling Orchid out of the water and holding her in your arms. You shifted her to one arm and slapped her cheek with your open hand.

"I need you to stay awake." You whispered in her ear softly. "The wine has poison in it, I could taste it."

Orchid gave you a deadpan look.

"So you used me to show that someone poisoned something AGAIN?!"

You shushed her.

"At least this time it isn't as deadly ... I hope."

"YOU HOPE?!"

Orchid passed out soon after shouting. With that, you were able to hand her over to the medical team with minimal fuss.

The crowd spoke in hushed whispers as they stared at the goblet floating in the water. You walked back toward it, picking the goblet up and taking another swig.

"My Queen!" One of the medics yelled. "Are you sure you should be drinking that?!"

You laughed, swirling the wine in the cup like a classic villan.

A b¡tch can be one if she wanted to, but you got a nice husband waiting for you at home.

So ...

"I am fine my dear, a simple poison like this can't hurt me. In fact, it can help in finding the perpetrator of this crime."

The crowd gasped in shock, mostly the younger folk. The elders have seen this situation many times before.

Their Queen just has a very good immune system.

"Unlike most regular poisons that are just made from herbs and fruits, this poison was made with something special."

"H-how do you know my queen?" One of the nobles asked, their body trembling along with their voice.

"Simple." You stated, scratching your cheek. "Its very sweet."

With that, you walked out of the spring. Using a bit of magic to dry your wet clothes. Out of nowhere, Yugo burst through the doors of the temple and rushed to your side.

"Are you ok?! I can have the medics check over you?!"

You brushed him off with a simple smile, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek.

"I'm fine. I'll trace the perpetrator tomorrow when I'm fully rested. For now, I'll have the guards escort the people back into town."

Yugo wasn't too sure about that, but he trusted your judgment.

He looped a sturdy arm around your shoulders and kept it there till you had returned both to the safety of the castle.

...

"YOU WERE POISONED AGAIN?!"

"KORAL YOU'LL MAKE IT CIRCULATE FASTER BY SHAKING ME!"

Adamai had to pull his wife off of you, her still screaming bloody murder like you had eaten her food once again.

"AND YOU GAVE IT TO ORCHID AGAIN!"

"I MADE SURE IT HAD AS LITTLE A DOSAGE AS POSSIBLE! SHE'LL BE FINE!"

You screamed back throwing your claws out toward her, before Yugo had to restrain you in an arm lock. You wiggled and kicked your way before your body started going limp.

Yugo frantically flipped you over and held you in his arms. His hand repeatedly slapping the top of your arm.

"(Y/n), (Y/n)! What's wrong?!"