The Protector ni Mae Nee

Ayokong sinasaktan sila.

Ayokong umiiyak sila.

Ayokong nakikita silang nahihirapan.

Hindi rin ako matatawag na selfless. Kasi loving someone and making them as your priority doesn't always mean you're selfless.
I just don't love seeing people cry and hurt. Most especially if they mean a lot to me.

I'm their 'Mommy'.

I can also be their 'Daddy'.

Yes. That's me. 

I love protecting those 'friends' of mine and let them be happy in life. Even if caused me to be hurt and broke.

And this is my story.

"How dare you?! You don't even have a masculine and a gifted face but you shamelessly hurt her, you badass"
My fist was on her way to his face when my besfriend, nicole stop me.

" Calm down, nee. I'm fine. I'm okay. I love him-- s-so m-much"

He still love this man kahit na harap-harapan na siyang niloloko? Ah! For Pete's sake! Santa Clause can you please slap my bestfriend?

I laughed sarcastically.

"Bitch, you don't know the story. Shut up!"
He said.

My ear heated up. Bitch huh?

"Oh! I don't know the story :<"

"Alin ba ang hindi ko alam sa istorya niyo?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yung nakipag halikan ka sa ex mo habang itong bestfriend ko naghihintay sa'yo? Yung nakipag date ka sa ex mo tas itong bestfriend ko nilamok sa jollibee?"

Namilog ang kanyang mga mata at napatingin kay nicole.

"Alin do'n? Hmm?"

"ENOUGH!" Nabigla ako sa pagsigaw ng malakas ni nicole.

"SINO KA BA HA? KAIBIGAN LANG KITA! DON'T ACT AS IF YOU'RE MY MOM! DON'T ACT AS IF YOU'RE MY DADDY, CAUSE YOU'RE NOT AND U WILL NEVER BE! LET ME DO WHAT I WANT! LET ME LOVE HIM A-AGAIN! A-AGAIN"

She shouted at me. And for a second, tears are now stupidly escaping from mine eyes.

"YOU WERE JUST A FRIEND! THIS IS MY LIFE. I CAN DO WHAT EVER I WANT TO. I CAN LOVE AND PROBABLY HATE SOMEONE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE FOR BEING SELFISH TO ME, FOR BEING SO OA, FOR CROSSING UP ALL MY DECISIONS IN LIFE AND IT WAS YOU! I HATE YOU NEE! I HATE YOU! "

Nahihirapan akong hanapin ang mga salita na gusto kung sabihin. Para akong na blanko. Para akong taong nabuhusan ng sobrang lamig na tubig.

Bakit ganun? I'm just protecting her. I'm doing this for her. Nothing less, nothing more!
I step back and smile.

"You'll hate me for the rest of your life. Ha ha that was unbelievable, nicole. Just for him? The friendship, the memories, you'll just throw it away? For love? For that stupid love? Come on nicole, I'm not crossing your decisions in life. Yes, I may not be your parents, I may not be "so very important to you" kasi nga KAIBIGAN MO LANG AKO.. but yea, I care and loved you, nicole so much. "

I get closer to her para sana i hug siya but she pushiest me away. And it feels like I was been slap for the nth time and unloved by my bestfriend.

Pinahid ko ang mga luha ko at tumingin ng diretso sakanya na ngayon ay umiiyak narin.

"I am happy and so blessed for having you in my life, Nicole. Sana maintindihan moko someday. Being selfish isn't in my vocabulary ya know that, sweetie. You know that. "

Siguro nga hanggang dito nalang ako. Di na ako makakapasok pa sa mundo niya. Dahil may barrier na siyang itinayo. Pero kahit ganun, I'll always love her and stay here, in the other side of the barrier waiting for her to realize everything. I won't leave my bestfriend. She's my other half. I'll still protect her ng hindi niya alam. Handa akong masaktan, maging masaya ka lang nicole. I step back and turned away.
Malabo ang aking mga mata dhil sa mga luhang nagsisilabasan. Nahihirapan akong maglakad dahil nanginging ang aking mga tuhod. And for the last time, nilingon ko ulit siya at nigitian

"I'm giving the happiness you wanted, Nicole. It's him, right? Hope you'll be really happy with your decision and with him."

"I love my bestfriend" bulong ko sa hangin.

THE END