Left Behind by Miss D

Dictionary

Friend /Frend/

Noun

A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.

A member of Religious Society of Friends; a Quackery

Verb

Add (someone) to a list of contacts associated with a social networking website.

Befriend (someone)

Basically, there are a lot of meanings in the word friend but what its real meaning?

For me, the word friend means the one who is always by your side. The one whom you can give your full trust with. Actually, its term is synonymous to the word family. They are always by our side when we have problems. A shoulder to cry on. The one who'll make you happy every single minute. The one whom we can rely on and the one whose always been there for us.

But what are friends really for? How important friendship is? Who are them in our lives? Will they stay with us lifetime? Will they able to risk everything just to be with us? Will they sacrifice their happiness for us? How about giving up relationship over friendship?

What is the feeling when we are with them? Are we really happy or they're just our past time? Will they able to stay with us no matter what? How about when we're already down? Will they able to help us? Will they able to cheer us up?

What if not? What if we found out that they're the main reason of our greatest downfall? What if they left us behind? What are we going to do?

-

We all know that no man is an island. Without my friends? Oh I can't imagine myself being away with them. But fate played a tricky shit.

I am trying to approach them many times this day but parang may iba sa ikinikilos nila. There's something happening na hindi ko alam. Naglong weekend lang ay nag-iba ang pakikitungo nila. I was talking to them but they're acting like they cannot see me. They don't feel my presence. They don't care about my existence anymore. And it sucks. It was like my hearts was falling apart. How can they do this to me? Para naming wala kaming pinagsamahan.

"Guys, can you accompany me to the c---" hindi pa man ako tapos magsalita ay pakiramdam ko ay umiiwas na naman sila. They're having their own businesses. I feel like I'm out of the picture.

Jane, Kate, and Anne are having some chitchats with each other. Katy, Cath, and Shanley are taking some pictures. Jacey and Darlene are busy facing their cellphones. While I, Dara, was here standing in front of them and looking like a beggar whose asking for their attention.

"9-Integrity, please proceed to the covered court. We have an assembly today." The class President announced.

Lumapit ako sa kanila para makisabay pumunta sa covered court but no one noticed me. I didn't know kung sinasadya nila ito o ano. If they were playing a game, please stop. Hindi na nakakatuwa.

Dumaan ang ilang oras at gano'n pa rin ang nangyayari. And I heard that they were already planning about our outing or should I say their outing because they never bother asking for my opinion. Masaya sila dahil pinagkukwentuhan na nila kung ano ang isusuot nila. And I was still here, watching them.... It's kinda disgusting at the same time scary. I hate the thought na lumalayo na ang loob nila sa akin. I don't wanna lose them. They've been a big part of my life kaya kapag nawala sila sa akin ay parang pinatay na ang kalahati ng katawan ko. I know God is just testing how strong our friendship is. I trust him. He will provide.