The Sky has Glass Globes JanlouMitsitsiyo

The sky lit with none other than glowing lanterns that remained on the skies like pasted glass bowls, emitting endless favor on my sight. Raising my one hand up, palms facing the cold air, wanted to reach one of these so-called stars to have a wish – to give a wish. Closing my hand to a fist, I caught the delusion of having one in my palms and placed it towards my heart. And here, my heart whispered:

"What is it that I desired the most?"

"Papatawarin ka rin niya," she said. "Kung tunay mo siyang kaibigan, hindi kaniya matitiis."

A tree found in a cliff of a city end, where roads are either sloping up or down, an old bench can be found. Musty, smells like rotten iron, an old bench been corroded by the longest of time. And yet, here I sat with a girl who is just roaming around at close midnight.

"Diba sinabi mo na kapatid na ang turingan niyo sa isa't isa? Normal lang na mag-away. Hindi mo maiiwasan na darating ang mga ganitong pagkakataon," she said, eyes lighted with an interesting glint. She was facing the night sky instead, as if talking to the stars other than me.

"Pero... hindi ko alam," I sighed, light vapor appeared under my warm breath.

"Ano ang hindi mo alam?"

"Ang rason kung bakit kami nag-away."

The cold wind danced, swaying most of my hair sideways and the leaves of the tree as if departing to a journey. And when it halted, the wind left an icy sting on my skin. It was cold – of course, nights are always cold. But this time is a bit different.

The warmth left me a long time ago.

"Ah, hindi mo alam?" She exclaimed.

It was this time when she faced me, her face telling me that I'm the dumbest person in the world. Scrunching her nose and furrowing her brows, the context expressed her disappointment and sympathy towards me. Well, for a person who is in the middle of the fight and did not know the reason of it, and hypothetically, is the reason why the fight started – isn't I a bit dumb to not understand?

Yes, I am at fault.

I am the fault.

Of course, she is my most precious friend. I know that she treated me like that. She showed her unconditional love towards me. And yet, I only cause trouble to her.

I am the reason.

I am the cause.

She probably hates me now.

She hates me.

She hates...

"I..."

Water drops as large as pebbles appeared from the sides of the eyes while feeling my nose being stuffed by the painful cold air. Emotions burst like a hundred tons of fireworks, blinding my eyes from the myriad of colors. The voice that kept struggling inside my heart started wailing, crying out the emotions that started to overflow. The night sky and the cold air that I am in now – the place that I thought could give me comfort...

I cried.

I cried with all my might.

I let my heart scream all of the words that could fit the largest dictionary.

I let myself be drowned by the thought of having these things hidden deep in my heart.

I let myself to cry.

To cry...

"Sige, iiyak mo iyan. Iyak mo lang. Sa hanggang maubos ang luha mo. At pagkatapos, gagaan ang pakiramdam mo. At kung magaan na ang pakiramdam mo... siguro maiisip mo kung ano ba ang dahilan ng pag-aaway niyo."