Rapid Eye Movement

(Schizophrenia- a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.)

--

Yoongi patted my head and rubbed circles on my back, trying his best to sooth me. He repeated the same thing until my loud sobs, turned into quiet sniffing. 

"Did you have another nightmare?" he cupped my cheeks, having me face him. I slowly nodded my head, trying to hold back tears in my eyes. "If you don't mind, tell me about it?" Yoongi asked.

-3 minutes later-

"T-Then.. she said I was the monster.." I sniffed, holding back more tears.

"Do you have any idea what she meant by that?" he asked, trying to be careful with his choice of words. I shook my head as a response, he just sighed. I didn't know if it was a sigh of relief, or a sigh of annoyance. Either way, I'm glad he listened to me. Suddenly the doctor came in with a clipboard and a weak smile.

I knew there was going to be bad news judging by the atmosphere, I'm pretty sure Yoongi felt it too. I gulped and waited for the doctor to say what he needed to say.

"I could tell you know what's going on.." the doctor said while sighing a bit.

"Well?.." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Well.." we gulped anticipating everything.

"You're free to go!" the doctor practically laughed at us for being naive. 

"Wait really?" I asked, unsure.

"Yup!" I had excitement  in my eyes, but when I looked over at Yoongi, he didn't seem excited at all, more like distressed. The longer I looked, the more I realized how Yoongi slowly started furrowing his eyebrows. "What's up Yoongi? Aren't you happy?" I asked, making him jump a bit.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I was thinking about something." Yoongi said, completely oblivious to how I'm feeling. I decided to ignore it for now, and let it be. I'm being discharged from the hospital, might as well not complain. Though, I couldn't help it. Yoongi seemed so distracted by something. Every time the doctor would finish saying something, Yoongi looked like he wanted to have a couple of sayings in them, but in the end, he kept shut. 

He would open his mouth slightly like he would want to say something, but in the end, he never did. I got curious to what was going on.

"Yoongi?.. You alright?" I asked with concern. He looked over at me and hummed as a response. I sighed at this, he's usually so aware of his surroundings. I'm genuinely concerned but I won't say anything else to bother him, if he's really bothered by something, he'll say something. 

"Uhm.. doctor?" Yoongi suddenly asked out of no where. "Yes Mr. Min? Need something?"

"May I speak to you in private, please?" Yoongi shot one look at me then back at the doctor. "Sure, lets go outside for a bit." with that, they went outside of the room, leaving me confused.

"What has been bothering Yoongi?" I wondered as I sat alone in the bed.

-Yoongi POV-

"So what did you need to talk about Mr. Min?" the doctor asked with slight concern.

"Uhm.. Ah jeez, I don't know to say this.." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Take your time, no one is rushing." the doctor gave me a reassuring smile.

"I.. I honestly don't feel like Y/N is completely alright.." I finally said.

"What do you mean?" he asked while tilting his head to the side.

"I don't know... It's just that Y/N has been experiencing realistic dreams, if you know what I mean." I started tapping my foot on the ground due to nervousness.

"Hm.. she's just experiencing something called the Rapid Eye Movement, otherwise known as R.E.M." he said rubbing his chin.

"Is it bad? Because she has been experiencing these quite often, and they aren't really dreams.. more like nightmares." I stated.

"Hmm.. would you like us to detain her for longer?" he asked.

"I wouldn't want her condition get worse than it already is. I don't want to panic her, she's already excited to know she is being discharged, I don't want something of my concern to bring her mood down." I said cautiously.

"Well, I'll tell you what. We'll allow Ms. Y/N to be discharged, but if you're still genuinely concerned about this matter, you keep an eye out for her and record everything that's been going on. Then the next time you come, you'll tell us what you got so far." the doctor smiled. I slowly nodded my head, and with that, the conversation was over. Just because it was over, didn't mean I still wasn't worried.

-Y/N POV-

After a while of sitting in silence, the door finally opened and the two came back. "Is everything alright?" I asked, my voice calm. "Everything's alright! You just need to sign some papers and you'll be discharged!" he smiled. I wanted to ask Yoongi so many questions, but I didn't want to meddle.

We got into the car and Yoongi drove us home. We sat in silence for a while until I managed to build up some courage to speak up.

"Yoongi what was going on back there?" he hummed in response. "It was nothing, I just had a question I needed answered, that's all. Don't worry about it." he smiled weakly. He told me not to worry about it, so I dropped the topic altogether.

Something was bothering me, and it wouldn't go away.. this feeling wouldn't stop. It's irritating me to a certain point, I can't say anything about it yet..