Sixty - Is This Composing?

SIXTY

Is This Composing?

Once Catherine steps back out into the hallway, the noises in the oversized closet where the women are restrained immediately and considerably decrease in volume. Consequently, after a moment of near quiet, she wonders if it is necessary to tell someone about the creaking sounds, since she no longer believes that the coat rack structures might crash down. She soon decides that walking away is now acceptable, and turns her face to look up and down the wide corridor. She sees no one for a handful of seconds, before a woman passes through the doors that Catherine exited some minutes ago.

The woman is clothed, which Catherine finds quite odd. And perhaps unfair. Tristan’s female, however, does not allow confusion to increase its grip on her, and manages to get a hold of herself instead, as is her way: to figure it all out within, without allowing anyone to know that she does not have a clue as to what is going on. Silence, after all, is golden, and one appears much more intelligent when being silent, than when asking silly questions while confused. Intelligent questions are always a must, but Catherine does not feel much intelligent at all, at this moment.

She recognizes the woman as one of the two true submissives she was forced to be physically intimate with, during a combo hour, for the masters’ entertainment. The woman is not, however, the one who also collaborated with Catherine during a guessing round.

“You’re going to win it. I just know it,” Catherine hears, as the woman approaches.

“Tristan’s art is impressive,” Catherine admits, wary of finding the woman’s eyes.

“I don’t mean his art. I mean yours. It wouldn’t be fair if he got to compete. He’s a pro.”

Catherine frowns.

“How many more rounds of elimination now, before the weekend ends? Let’s see,“ the woman adds, before counting on her fingers.

“Elimination? Isn’t the judging at the end?” Catherine counters, uncertain how Tristan’s designing on her is actually her art and not his, as far as judging goes, moreover clueless as to how his being a singer by profession would stop him from competing in the come-totem contest, and, most of all, still affected by what happened in the coatroom, and, therefore, not even close to being at full capacity when it comes to thinking and considering. Why is she clothed? Catherine, however, does manage to wonder. What is this?

“No other woman here has a talent that even comes close to yours. You’re going to win.”

Catherine frowns once more. She wants to regulate, but this woman is making it impossible. What is she talking about?

“I’m getting tired of the therapy part, that one on one with my husband, with all its psychological exercises. Group’s a little better because there’s more people to role play with, so it’s funny, even if it’s supposed to be all serious and productive. I love the shows, even if I was already voted out. Did you like my dialogue bit from the monologues?”