Sixty-Two - Daughters Left Grasping At Straws

SIXTY-TWO

Daughters Left Grasping At Straws

Catherine remains standing before the television, as if entranced by it, listening to the women continue their debating, their venting.

“Men used to buy slaves at markets, including female ones whom they knew they’d violate, on the plantation. Well, the women in licensed houses where intimate body pleasure is bought have to accept all men who come to them as well, which makes them slaves to any man with money, and it must be understood that, whether paying or violating, it’s the same feeling of power for men, when a woman can’t refuse them. That’s the point here. And the very bad thing for all women is that men are most certainly changed by that power, in every way.

So, what we’re headed for now is this: a man looking at my daughters, at your daughters, knowing that they can legally be solicited to be playthings, just like that, out of the blue, wherever, whenever. Just think of what it’ll be like, when men see all women around them as if all are on a menu, without limits to which one they can attempt to buy.  And when a man is owed money, or a business is, will a woman be asked to be used that way, to pay off her debt? Will a judge order it, since it’s legal? Will women begin to offer? Oh, and that won’t change everything for ALL women, and across society!

My poor girls, and those to come. Emergency departments see many more cases of mental illness in kids and teens now, well, just wait a few years. The girls, then, seeing that no man will be able to offer them what they want . . .”

“Solicitation should be illegal everywhere else but in the licensed houses, in order that women not be propositioned everywhere, and at any time, in their daily life. Not at school, not at college, not at work, not on the bus, not in the store. Sexual harassment laws must prevent that from happening. Otherwise, imagine girls hearing such propositions over and over again, all around them. So then, even boys in elementary school must be warned, and then punished, if they speak such coldness, if they are the worse kind of bully imaginable. Because it is indeed bullying, for girls to be excluded from dignity and everything else that is allowed to males. Just like it is for women at work, and, therefore, women can’t hear their gender being depicted as mere playthings by their boss and co-workers, and they can’t be made to deal with the ensuing awful work environment.”

“And it has to be illegal for a boss to take an employee or a client to a house of paid women, and illegal that any work meeting, or celebration, or retirement party, or promotion, or any gathering of work peers of any kind have anything to do with bought women.”

“Imagine bachelor parties held in those licensed houses. ‘Hey, here’s a special gift for you: a disease for you and your wife, to start your life with.”

“And the hours of operation of those houses have to be 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. And yes, there can be legal limitations, just as there are concerning other pleasures that are not necessities of life. Like hours of when alcohol can be served, because it makes sense not to have drinking and driving around the clock, nor public intoxication at all hours of the day.

So, no nooners for men, and, for women, knowing where their mate is during the day will allow for some sanity to remain in their lives, and so, will allow for some relationships to go on, and, consequently, for some families to remain together. Furthermore, the good guys will not constantly have to prove themselves to their mate, since it will be impossible for them to be leading double lives and catching diseases, while the two are separated for work purposes, during the day.”

“God, wouldn’t women prefer a paid hour with a human male, though, rather than going on a date with a Neanderthal? But do you think that men would legalize us being allowed to buy what we want, if it meant that they wouldn’t be getting what they wanted anymore, that is, intimate body pleasure? And they would so hate those nice men.”

“My daughter told me, in a small, hopeful voice, that maybe men will get sick of buying physical intimacy. My poor girl. Sorry, my love. I wanted you to be happy in life, but men and the bought women have won. And, even if you’re with a man, he’ll go catch something. But buying intimate body pleasure and hanging out with the pack will be enough for most men, so they won’t even want more. How sad, that most men no longer want virtuous women to marry and to love, women that only they handle intimately.”

“And humanity is like anything else: if you don’t use it, you lose it. And I really see nothing left for men to keep their humanity for. And I feel sick to my stomach as well, when I think of my young daughter, who, of course, has dreams of a wedding and a family, but, in ten years, when she’s old enough . . .”

“Men heroes/father heroes would hate their daughters having to face, at any time, and anywhere, ‘how much to put it up your rear?’ They would fear their college daughter, short on cash, accepting a proposition, as well as fear the emotional and psychological repercussions of doing that, including how they would be treated by the young men on campus, and how r-a-p-e would be harder to prove, after accepting to be a bought thing just once, or maybe not even just once. They would fear more violence overall, against their daughters. Fear diseases stopping them from having the life and the kids that they want, and the grandkids that the fathers themselves want. They would fear losing their beloved daughters to a deadly intimately transmitted disease because of a cheating, paid-women-screwing boyfriend or husband. They would fear losing a parent, or a child, or their own life, because of an overloaded healthcare system. They would fear diseases not discovered yet, and so, not tested for. They would scream out that there’s more to life than intimate body pleasure, and than getting exactly what men want with hot, young women. Funny. Think a man, in all of history, ever said that, ever?

If your man isn’t outraged at this legalization, at the loss of dignity for all women, including his daughters, and if he’s not doing something about it, then how the hell is he a good guy? A father will now be able to behave as the biggest sexist pig on Earth, because it’s legal? We need men to care more, and they mock us all by doing this!”

“Not only didn’t men stand up, but many of them started going to paid women as soon as prosecutors announced that they weren’t prosecuting those cases anymore, a whole year before the law was to leave the books, during the year that the government had to look over the situation that the Supreme Court handed down to them.”

“It used to be that women went from father to husband, and there was no love, when marriages were arranged and men therefore didn’t have to do a thing to get the housekeeper, the baby-machine, and the physical intimacy that was owed to them because of the ‘marital duty’ thing. Then love came in and men had to win a woman’s love and body attention. But now, buying women legally for body pleasure sends all women back to those days of no love, since it makes all women have to be just like paid women, in order to compete with them, for men’s attention. And were supposed to feel anything else but disgust and hatred? We, along with our daughters and granddaughters, were just kicked in the face and chained up, down there in the dark, forever away now, from the light.”