Chapter 16

Chapter 16

(Jack POV)
I was awoken by the smell. The smell of something burning. When I woke up I could barely breath, I started coughing. I felt so weak, but I didn't know why. Hiccup, Merida, and Toothless were surrounded by nightmares and the fire on the trees. I was wondering where Rapunzel was. Then I heard an evil laugh above me. It was Pitch, he had Rapunzel.
"Jack! Help me!" Rapunzel screamed.
"You shut up!" Pitch screamed into Rapunzel's ear.
"Let her go Pitch!" I yelled clenching my fist.
"No." Pitch said.
"Fine, have it your way." I said reaching for my staff. But the problem was, is that my staff was nowhere to be found. "What?" I thought in head.
"Confused? Oh please, Jack. You really thought I was stupid enough to not burn your staff first." Pitch said with a devious smile. I was stunned, maybe that's why I felt so weak. I fell to the ground. "Goodbye, Jack." Pitch said while pointing at me. After he said that, the monster dragon flew in front of me and was opening it's mouth slowly. He was going to set me on fire.
"Jack, no!" Yelled Merida, Hiccup, and Rapunzel. The last thing I saw was fire, then I jumped up and screamed.
"What's wrong with you? Did you have a nightmare?" Merida said while giggling a little.
"Uhhhh...." I said with a confused face.
"What was it about?" Hiccup and Rapunzel said together.
"It doesn't matter anyways." I said with a slight smile. I was just relieved that dream wasn't real. We ate breakfast and started out the day. We saw if there were any signs of Pitch's whereabouts. Which of course, there weren't. We ate the rest of our meals, hanged out, and had fun. We also talked about how we missed our families. Rapunzel walked away in the middle of the conversation. Finally, we all went too bed. I squeezed my staff into my side, after seeing that dream you know. Then I was awoken by a smell. The smell of something burning. It was like my dream, but the only difference is I didn't feel weak. Everything was exactly the same. Merida and Hiccup were surrounded, also Pitch had Rapunzel. The only thing I could think of was, "What is going on?"

(Rapunzel POV)
Well, Pitch did say he would catch us off guard. I guess he did. I just don't understand why he went for me, Hiccup, and Merida, but not Jack. At least Jack has his staff with him.
"Rapunzel! Don't worry I'll get you!" Jack yelled.
"Don't be so naive, Jack. How would you save all three of your friends? If you saved Rapunzel then your two friends will die, but if you save the two then you'll only lose one of your friends. I think the answer is very obvious." Pitch said.
"Jack, don't worry I'll be okay. Just help Merida and Hiccup." I said teary eyed. Jack just looked down with a face of regret. Then he jerked his head up and looked at Hiccup and Merida. I confused at first, but then I understood what was going on. Jack started running to Merida and Hiccup.
"Good choice." Pitch said while turning around and flying away. I couldn't tell what was going on with Jack and the rest of them. I was struggling to get out of Pitch's grasp. "Stop moving!" Pitch yelled into my ear.
"No!" I said while lifting my legs and stomping the cloud of black sand. When I stomped on the cloud it turned into gold sand. The whole cloud started too turn into gold sand. I looked at Pitch's face. I can tell he was scared and worried. I caught him off guard and got out of his grasp. I wrapped my hair around a tree branch that wasn't on fire and swung to the ground.
"Get back here!" Pitch said while jumping to the ground. I started to run towards the others.
When I finally reached the area that we were at I said,"He's coming!" to the others. They got into positions and when Pitch came running he tripped on a wire that Merida and Hiccup were holding. We all came rushing to him holding our weapons up.
"So Pitch, are you done yet." Jack said in Pitch's face.

----------------------------------------------
A/N
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's just that school ended and I have a summer project for one of my classes. So, I've been sorta busy. Thank you for understanding. Also, I'll try to update my other story. Hoped you enjoy this chapter. Vote and comment if you want more of my fan fiction.
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS MENTIONED IN THIS STORY!!!
DREAMWORKS AND DISNEY(OR PIXAR) OWN THESE CHARACTERS!!!