day III

3/10/18

3/10/18

    Dear David,

    Today you seem better than yesterday but you are still on life support, need help breathing, and are still in the coma. Today the doctors did an MRI on you to see why you are in the coma and it showed that you have a major concussion and there had been bleeding in your brain, which caused brain damage. The doctors got the bleeding in your brain stopped and put you into a medically induced coma so your brain can heal while the rest of your body heals.

    I don’t like seeing you like this, David, and neither does Kathleen, or my son Eric. I brought Eric to see you after he was done with nursery in the afternoon and he didn’t know what to make of you. I couldn’t really explain to him why you’re in the coma but I did let him give you a gentle hug before we left earlier in the evening. You would have liked how concerned Eric was for you, I know that Kathleen liked how concerned he had been.

    Kathleen is still a complete wreck and whenever I see her in the hospital holding your hand, she’s always crying. Your mum can’t stop crying, David, and today I cried for the first time in front of her. We were both in tears because of you, David.

    I’ve asked Kathleen if she would like to stay with me and Eric for the rest of the time that you’re in the hospital and she said yes to it. I’m going to help her move in tomorrow morning while Eric’s at nursery.

    I hope that you’re not as in such a critical condition soon, David.

Love,

Simon