day XXV

25/10/18

25/10/18

    Dear David,

    Today I took Alfred and Eric Halloween costume shopping as the neighbourhood that I live in is going to do a Halloween party for the children after trick-or-treating is done. I offered to have the party at my house and I had totally forgotten about it until Kathleen had reminded me that I should dress up in a costume for the party and for when I take the boys trick-or-treating in six days. The boys forced me to wear different costumes in the store and you would have laughed. Some of the costumes were ridiculous, things that you would probably wear for a costume party, and I was extremely uncomfortable in one that you would have liked because it was skin tight as it was a superhero costume and it showed off the outline of my genitals in my boxers. I don't know why Alfred and Eric wanted me to put that on but I know for sure that would have made you laugh.

    I ended up just going with a pirate costume and Alfred found an Iron Man costume to wear and Eric found a Thor costume that he wanted to wear but I said no because it is going to be chilly on the thirty-first so he went with a dinosaur costume. Eric's dressed up as a dinosaur on Halloween now twice because of how much he loves his dinosaurs. I couldn't convince him to get anything else. The boys had fun today with me but I do wish that you could have been with us for it, David, because of how much you would have loved it. I love you, David.

Love,

Simon