day XIV

16/10/18 

16/10/18

  Dear David,

    The doctors are worried about your lungs failing because of you having a lung infection and not being strong enough to fight it. You're really weak right now, David, and I don't like seeing you like this. The fluid in your lungs is coming out of the side of your body steadily though and the doctors are saying that's a good sign that you're trying to fight it. They collected some of the fluid to test it for other things to see if they were right about you having pneumonia and they say that they were because it's also known as a lung infection.

    That's good that we know for sure what you're trying to fight but the doctors aren't sure why you have pneumonia. Your breathing has been improving though and I feel like I've only been writing bad things to you the past few days, David. There hasn't been much good news for you in the past few days other than the boys being allowed to give you a cuddle before we left the hospital today.

    David, Alfred has been in tears about you now whenever he sees you and he's seen how affectionate I've been with you. I've been holding your hand more and apparently he had seen me when I had kissed your temple today when he and Eric and Kathleen had left the room. He asked me what my relationship was with you and I couldn't figure out a way to tell him. I love you, David.

Love,
Simon