day XXVI

26/10/18

26/10/18

Dear David,

You're still not awake yet and I don't know why. The doctors still can't figure out why you are because your brain is healing from the concussion and there's brain activity in parts of your brain that you use when you're awake in your MRI that is typically in patients that are conscious. You're responding to treatment but you're a wonder to doctors. No one can explain it but no one can really explain you as a person without it becoming complicated.

I've tried to explain our relationship to people in the music business when they ask me if I'm gay and I don't think I really can explain it that well. Our relationship is that strange as friends that it makes me wonder what it would be like to date you. I really want to date you, David, and I wish that we were dating right now. I've repeated that so much in the letters that I write to you that I must sound like a broken record.

I did kiss you on the temple again when I left you this afternoon to go home. Eric's been saying lately that he want to spend time with just me, like the way it had been before your car crash. I couldn't turn him down even though I wanted to stay with you and hope for some sort of motion from you that would show us that you're waking up. I do like spending time with Eric and I love him so much. I love you, David.

Love,
Simon