day XXVIII

28/10/18

28/10/18

Dear David,

There's only three more days left of your life if we let the doctors give you a lethal dose of anesthesia on the morning of November first. I don't like the fact that I know that you're going to pass away because I would rather you pass away from old age instead of having to have the lethal dose of anesthesia at forty seven. Alfred and Eric have managed to figure out that I'm upset about you but they can't figure out why because to them, it's just like you're healthy but you're always asleep. I don't want you to have to pass away. I want you to be able to have a life, David, even though it's going to mean that you're paralyzed from the waist down.

I don't know what I would do without you in my life, David, because you've been in it for almost six months a year since 2012 and I love that. Maybe I would just decide to join you, even if it means that I'm leaving my son behind and he needs me in his life. I wish that I could take your place right now, David, so you're not the one going through this but I suspect you would be thinking of doing the same thing to be with me.

I'm trying to have hope that you'll wake up by Halloween and that's hard to do because there's only three days until Halloween is here. I love you, David.

Love,
Simon