day XXVII

27/10/18

27/10/18

Dear David,

You look much more healthy and the doctors have said that you're out of the woods with pneumonia and lung failure because you aren't breathing raspy and it sounds normal when you're breathing, which is amazing. Kathleen and I think that you're going to wake up soon because of this so we're having second thoughts about taking you off of life support. The only life support that you're having right now is you're being checked every hour for your lungs, you're hooked up to a heart monitor, you're getting enemas every other day, you have a g-tube in your stomach, and you have a catheter. You're almost weaned off of all life support already and if we chose to let you pass away, they would just give you a lethal dose of anesthesia through an I.V. line into your blood stream.

I want you to wake up and squeeze my hand right now as I'm writing this. I'm in your hospital room right now and it's just us two in it because Kathleen and Alfred left to pick Eric up from his school. It's nice to have someone in my house to help me to take care of Eric other than Eric's nanny and I don't have her around that much. She only comes to my house after Eric gets home from school after I pick him up and drop him off at home so I can go back to work. I hope that one day you'll be able to live with me, David. I love you, David.

Love,
Simon