【三十一】a comfort with you

soulmate! alternate universe

• you've only ever seen your soulmate in your dreams but you can never remember what they look like, the imaginary life you have with them picks up wherever it leaves off when you fall asleep again. but the dreams stop after you meet them for the first time. your dreams will flash before you eyes as your eyes locked with theirs.

• you and your soulmate can feel if one another get hurt.

* : • ° ♤

"USELESS CHILD! GET OUT FROM MY SIGHT!"

You almost cry out in pain as your father slap you across your face. The mid-year examination results, he tear into small pieces which only add the reason why you should cry.

Aren't 7As out of 10 are good for an average student like you?

Making your way to your room, you lock the door and curl yourself on the bed. The sound of your father praising your other siblings hit you hard as a whimper escape your lips. Slowly, your eyes begin to drop and you fall asleep.

> la la land <

A soft poke on your cheek, startling you from your sleep. A smile appear across your face as your eyes make an eye contact with a bluish eyes. His eyes soften as he sees you.

"Hey," his voice come out as a whisper.

You sit down and look around. It looks extremely familiar but at the same time it's not as you're still in your sleep. "Where am I again?," you rub your eyes.

"In our room. Where else?," he chuckle. "I thought you have something to show me," he smile at you.

"Oh, right!" you jump off from the bed and go to the study table to find a piece of paper. "Guess, what I got?," you beam in happiness as you shove your exam result towards him.

Your heart soar when you see a proud look plaster across his face. He ruffle your hair as he carefully examine the paper. Though he's sitting down on the bed while you're standing in front of him, he still can reach your head.

"That's my girl," he grin. "Hehe.." you smile sheepishly. A sequel escape your lips as he pull you down and sit on his laps.

"It hurts, right?," he softly rub your cheek where your father slapped you with his thumb to ease the pain. He can feel the pain on his own cheek.

You unconsciously lean against his comforting touch as a small smile appear on your lips. "I'm used to it. Also, you're always here to comfort me," you say.

"Okay, princess," he roll his eyes.

That's the thing. You never know your soulmate's name and vice versa. He call you with a cute nickname like princess and you call him 'giant' in return because he's taller than you.

"How was your practice today?," you are aware of your soulmate being a setter from a powerful school.

"It was good and tiring," he hum. "Oh shit, I got to go," he look at his body that's slowly fading away.

"So soon?," your smile drop. Being with your soulmate is the only way you can escape from everything.

"Sorry princess. See you soon," he smile apologetically before completely fade away.

> no la la land <

Akaashi jolt from his bed as his alarm goes off. He switch off his phone before he continue hugging his pillow.

"I dream of her again," he murmur against his pillow.

He was told by his parents that if he dream of his soulmate, he will wake up hugging his pillow. It's a family thingz.

Practice will start in two hours and he have plenty of times to get ready but he doesn't feel like getting up for another twenty hours. He want to dream of his soulmate more and wish he can memorize her face.

"You seem to be in the good mood," his father smile.

"My soulmate," he reply shortly. "I want to remember her face so badly," he mutter out.

His chest erupt with warmth as he remember back how he dream about her and how comforting her voice is. His pillow feel like her.

A stupid grin appear on his face.

"Damn, our son is deeply in love with his soulmate," his father howl with laughter.

"You're one to talk!"

~

"I'M LATE!" you yell, cycling towards your school.

Fukurodani Academy and your school, Nekoma are having a volleyball friendly match and you as their main medical manager is compulsory to be there. By the time you reach there, everyone already gather in the gym.

"Whoops sorry," you smile sheepishly as all eyes are on you.

Coach Nekomata sigh. "You didn't dream of your soulmate again, did you?," he shoot directly.

You fake a gasp. "Coach, you become smarter!" earning a whack from him.

"Nice one," Yamamoto, Kuroo and you high five each other, grinning like a cat.

"HEY!HEY!HEY!"

"And here we go again." Kenma mutter out, rolling his eyes.

You recognize Bokuto but not the person besides him. You assume he's a second-year since you didn't went for the training camp on your second-year. You are now in third-year.

"[Name] is still as beautiful as ever," Bokuto squish your cheeks.

"Fuck off. I need some personal space," your voice come out as a muffle.

"Bokuto-san, I think it's disrespectful for you to treat a girl like that," another voice ring through your ears.

Eyes immediately lock on each other. A gasp leave his lips.

"Where am I again?,"

"That's my girl,"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever"

One by one of your dreams flashes before your eyes. Kuroo 'oya-ed' and have a smirk on his face.

"Akaashi Keiji, this is [Last Name] [Name], your soulmate," Kuroo announce.

"aGAAASHEE FOUND HIS SOULMATE BEFORE ME?!,"

~

yO! I'm baaacckk

sorrry for not updatingg. I'm quite busy for school and hope yall enjoy this one! UwU