Chapter one

I woke up to hear groaning coming from the bathroom down the hall. I pushed my glasses on my face and checked the time. 3:06 am.

"I swear to God if she's doing someone in the bathroom at this time of night, I'll kill her," I muttered, climbing out of bed and slipping on some fuzzy socks before walking down the hallway over to the bathroom. I knocked loudly and called, "Brielle! What are you doing?"

The door opened to reveal Brielle standing there in an oversized t shirt and shorts, her face contorted into one of pain. She sighed and asked, "What even is life?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Not this again." I pulled her out of the bathroom and pushed her back towards her room. This was obviously her latest existential crisis.

"But really Claire? What is life? What am I doing with my life?" Brielle asked me as I pushed her onto her bed. She glared up at me before curling into a ball. I rolled my eyes at her again and left to go back to my room, falling asleep instantly.

I woke up a few hours later and noticed that I didn't smell any breakfast cooking. That meant that Brielle was still in bed, moping and suffering through her existential crisis. I crawled out of bed and shuffled like a zombie into the kitchen, pouring myself a bowl of cereal. Leia shuffled in a few minutes later and frowned.

"Where's breakfast?" she yawned.

"Brielle's having another existential crisis," I muttered, pushing the unappetising artificially flavoured cereal around the bowl.

"Oh no. I don't fucking think so," she snapped. I watched as she stomped away and half smiled in amusement while Leia slammed open Brielle's door and legitimately dragged her out of bed. I only say that because a few minutes later, Leia had Brielle by her ankle, dragging her into the kitchen before releasing her. Brielle sat up and partially detached herself from her Bring Me The Horizon blanket, her hair falling all over her face.

"Start cooking," Leia said.

"What's the point?" Brielle asked, "Why eat and eat and eat when you're just going to die anyway? Life is one pointless cycle of sleeping, working and eating until we die. What's the point?"

"Get her out," I whined, "I don't want to hear it. It's too early."

"I want fucking breakfast," Leia snapped.

"Food is just a waste. Everything is a waste," Brielle said. I rolled my eyes and took my cereal to my room.

"Why is there nothing cooking?" Riley asked as I passed her in the hallway.

"Brielle's having another crisis," I muttered. "All we have is cereal. Leia's trying to get her to cook."

"Looks like we're ordering pizza for the next two weeks," Riley muttered, heading for the kitchen anyway. I walked into my room and pulled on some leggings and a sweater before putting my hair in a pony tail, putting on my glasses and grabbing my student ID card so I could get some hot breakfast at the cafe. I checked the time and saw it was early enough that there would be like nobody there to see me, because it was only 6:47. So I left and met up with Brooklyn on my way out of the door.

"You had the same idea?" I asked, holding up my ID card. Brooklyn held up hers too and we grinned before looping our arms together and walking down to the cafe.

Once we got there, we grabbed trays and started loading up some hot breakfast. I grabbed Riley a butter roll, Brielle a bacon, egg and cheese and I got my own bacon, egg and cheese. Then I grabbed three hot chocolates and went over to scan my ID card. Brooklyn showed up next to me with three butter rolls, an orange juice, a water and a coffee. She scanned her card before we headed for the exit. Just then, Ashton and his group of friends, Luke, Michael and Calum, came in acting rowdy as usual.