Chapter fifteen

We drove along for a really long time. I was panicking in his trunk, but I mean who wouldn't? When some random guy whose blackmailing you kidnaps you and sticks you in his trunk next to a dead body, you're going to panic.

When the car stopped short, her body rolled on top of mine and I screamed and pushed her off before retching in disgust. The trunk popped open and I scrambled out, falling on my hands and knees and started gasping, filling my lungs with fresh air.

"Get up and help me," my stalker said, standing over me. I stood up shakily and glared at him. "I'm not touching her."

"Really?" Suddenly there was a revolver barrel pressed against my temple. "You want to rethink that answer?"

I groaned and slowly walked towards the trunk, my stomach churning. I really didn't want any part of this.

I grabbed her ankles while my kidnapper looped his arms under hers and we proceeded to walk sideways towards the woods where he had a freaking boat waiting with weights and ropes in it.

I released her ankles and leant up against the nearest tree, wiping my hands on my leggings, shuddering. He quickly wrapped her in plastic and tied the weights and rocks to her before dropping her into the boat.

"Who is she?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Help me with the boat," he replied.

"Who is she?" I asked with a little more attitude.

"Help me with the fucking boat Leia," he snapped. I sighed and picked up one side while he grabbed the other. After ten minutes of navigating through the trees and carrying the extremely heavy rowboat we arrived at a lake. He pointed at a little bench in the boat, so I got in. He pushed the boat off the sand and jumped in at the last second before handing me an oar and rowing with me.

When we got to the centre of the lake he made me stop.

"My name is Will Graham," he said, pulling his mask off.

"Who is she?" I asked for a third time.

"Patience Leia," Will said. "One question at a time. Help me dump her." I sighed and lifted her ankles gingerly before pushing them towards the water, along with the weight tied to them. Will did the same with her head and together we rolled her into the water. I watched her sink and almost puked again.

"Row," Will commanded. We rowed back to shore quickly and when we got there I was shaking so bad I could barely stand up straight. Will lugged the boat back into the woods while I followed silently.

When he'd covered it with leaves and branches, he tied a blindfold around me and led me away.

"Are you going to kill me too?" I asked in a panic.

"No. I still need you. Just, not now. I'm taking you home." Will's voice was so weird. Sometimes it was all gruff and gravelly and others it was soft and almost sweet. Right now it was soft and sweet.

I heard the car door open and I was pushed inside.

"Please tell me I'm not in the trunk again," I said.

"If you were I wouldn't have blindfolded you," Will told me. He made me lay down and shut the door, so I figured I was in the backseat. Then I heard another door open then close and the car started up.

I must've passed out because I woke up in a panic when someone gripped my shoulders.

"Relax, it's me," Will said, taking off the blindfold.

"It's hard to relax around a murderer and kidnapper," I said, stretching. Will cracked a smile and said, "You're home. I'd suggest going through your window because there's still people awake in your living room watching 'The boondocks.'"