Chapter twenty three

~Claire~

I was sound asleep when a phone woke me up. I sat up groggily, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes before searching for the irritating phone. When I picked it up, I wished I'd kept sleeping.

Ashton's phone had a stream of dirty messages from some girl who kept sending him nudes and other dirty messages. As I kept scrolling up, I saw that the last time Ash had responded was six months ago, and he had said some truly awful things about me. But, that was the last message. He never told her to stop or that them sleeping together was a mistake, and that hurt more than anything. He left the conversation open for her to text him whenever.

My mouth went dry and my eyes filled with tears. I clutched the phone tightly as I started to cry softly, not really sure what to do. I heard mumbling as Ashton stirred but I figured he was still asleep, so I kept crying.

"What is it?" Ashton asked, awake immediately and disproving my thoughts that he was still sleeping. "What's wrong Claire?"

"I d-didn't want to read it," I said, the colour draining from my face when he looked at me. "B-but it just k-kept going off and-" He took the phone from me and saw it was his.

"Baby," Ash said quietly, dropping the phone on his bed and wrapping his arms around me. "I don't want anything to do with her. I love you. You know that."

"Do I?" I asked, more and more tears sliding down my face. "Do I really? Ashton, you said horrible things about me in some of those messages. I can't do this anymore."

"No Claire, please," he whimpered, burying his face in my neck, holding me tightly.

"No Ashton. I'm done." I pushed him away and stood up so I could leave. I was still wearing the clothes and make up I'd been wearing when he found me in my room earlier, but now the mascara I'd been wearing was running down my face with my tears. "We're over."

"Claire, please." Ashton's voice broke as his bottom lip trembled. It was so hard to leave. I loved him.

"Done, Ashton. Done." My voice broke at the end and I fled from the house, silent sobs shaking my whole body.

I ran home and disrupted the only person I knew would be understanding and started pounding on Brielle's door.

"Chill dude," Brielle called before opening up. Her eyes widened at my face and I just started to sob loudly. She pulled me in for a hug and pulled me inside, shutting the door.

"What happened?" Luke asked from her bed, pausing the music playing from his phone.

"I'd throw him out but I need him here to keep me from going on a murder rampage, okay?" Brielle asked and I nodded. She sat on her bed next to Luke and I sat across from them, picking at Brielle's comforter and telling them exactly what happened.

"I'll kill him," Brielle said when I finished. Luke wrapped an arm tightly around her waist and said, "Down girl. Calm yourself." She rolled her eyes and looked at me before saying, "Fuck him. He's a douche and you don't need him."

"I guess..." I kept staring down at her comforter, biting down on my lip to stop crying.

I didn't believe a word she said. She was wrong. I did need him. Sadly, he didn't need me.

//LAST CHAPTER!!

Sorry kiddos, but the sequel should be up when I have around six chapters written (I only have 1 1/2 now)

Oh! I edited something in the last chapter, so go back & read that cause I added a few lines when Ash and Claire find out about Crooklyn c;

Well, I'm gonna try & dye my hair now, so byee✌️