Chapter five

~Ashton~

After Claire left, I sat in my room for hours, deciding on whether to text her or not. I sighed and fell back on my bed.

"What's up Ash?" Calum asked, coming into my room and sitting on the end of my bed.

"I want to text Claire but I know she's probably still in dance class," I replied. "I wish she was here instead of there."

"Aww Ashton fancies Claire!" he shouted suddenly. I smacked him with a pillow and said, "Piss off Cal."

"Just wait for her to text you. I'm sure she will," Calum said before leaving. Sure enough, a few minutes later I got a text from Claire.

Claire👑💭💕😍👫:

Just CANT decide what to wear. What do you wear to a rock concert for a fourteen year old?

Me: Well what do you have?

Claire👑💭💕😍👫:

Either a Starbucks shirt, dark denim shorts & leopard flats or a long sleeved crop top with shorts, knee high socks and studded boots.

Me: The second one is better. Definitely wear that. We're going to a concert, not a coffee shop(:

Claire👑💭💕😍👫:

K thanks Ash(: See you in half an hour!!

I smiled at her last text and started to get ready. The whole time I was thinking about what Claire would look like in a crop top. Seeing your crush in that and some shorts? Who wouldn't want to see that?

Who wouldn't want to see Claire like that? She was beautiful, funny and talented. She was straight up amazing. I tried to shake her out of my head as I got dressed but it was hard. I pulled on a sleeveless shirt and some skinny jeans before pulling on some vans and tying a bandana around my forehead. I brushed my teeth quickly before walking into the living room to start packing up my drums.

"Need some help?"

I jumped and dropped a pair of cymbals on the floor before looking up. Claire was standing in the doorway wearing exactly what she said she'd be wearing. I smiled and awkwardly scratched the back of my neck, flushing when I fully took in how beautiful she looked. The crop top was white and tight, not hanging loosely around her body. Her studded boots were black along with the knee high socks. She was also wearing winged black eye liner and red lipstick. Finally, she had a little purse with a thin strap slung over her shoulder that fell to her hip.

"N-no, I'm good," I stuttered, picking up the cymbals and pretending to inspect them to make sure nothing happened to them. Then I started packing up the rest of the drums and carrying them out to our "band van" that we used when we had to go somewhere with our instruments. I tried to show off how strong I was, even though I knew that would do nothing for Claire. She wasn't interested in those muscles, she was into smart guys. I wasn't as smart as the other guys I've seen her hang out with, but I know I wanted her more than any of them.

"Boys!" I called when I was done. "Let's go!" Suddenly my three idiot roommates and band members came running out of their rooms, tripping over each other and grabbing their instruments, making Claire laugh. I smiled at her and started packing the amps into the van too with Calum's help. Luke hopped into the drivers seat and started shouting at us to get in. I sat in the back in between Claire and Mikey.

"Any reason you're so dressed up Claire?" Mikey asked in a teasing tone. Claire flushed and told him to shut up before turning to look out the window. I clicked my phone to display the time, angling it so Claire couldn't see it if she turned around. I didn't want her to see I had her as my lock screen. 7:06.