Chapter eight

~Brielle~

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"We'll be there in a few minutes," Luke responded. I rolled my eyes and stared out of the window. Sometimes I wondered why I did the things I did. Like torturing Luke. He was so nice, and maybe if I wasn't this way we could-

No. Never in a million years.

"We're here!" Luke exclaimed a few minutes later, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You said we were going to get food," I replied, looking up at the bowling alley in front of us.

"After bowling," he responded.

"I hope you enjoy losing," I said cockily. Bowling was one of the few things I was good at.

"Yeah, okay."

"You think you can beat me Hemmings?"

"You're on Alvarez."

For the next two hours I actually had fun. Luke lost by a few points and I held that over his head as we walked out of the bowling alley.

"Ha! I told you I was better!" I said, spinning happily. Luke just laughed.

"How do you know I didn't let you win?"

"I don't care how much you like me, you'd never let me win a game that serious." Luke laughed and then suddenly froze in place, staring across the parking lot. I turned and saw a few girls from uni there, but Luke was staring at the girl right in the centre. Alisha Miller; AKA prettiest girl on campus; AKA Luke's ex girlfriend.

"Play it cool," I said, taking his hand. I started laughing loudly at nothing to get Alisha's attention.

"Ohh my God Luke, you're hilarious," I giggled, looking up at him. He gave me a weird look and I hissed quietly, "Pick me up, spin me around and kiss me. Just make it look romantic, got it?" He nodded and said loudly, "I totally let you win."

"No way!" I cried, giggling. "I beat you cause I'm better."

"Yeah, sure," he replied, picking me up, spinning me around and kissing me. I felt something weird in my stomach but I ignored it. Luke set me down and kissed my forehead while I buried my face in his chest.

"Hey Luke," Alisha said. We turned and looked at her, standing there with a few friends.

"Oh, hey Alisha," Luke said, casually slinging an arm over my shoulders. "Weird running into you here."

"Same," she replied. "I see you've got a new girlfriend."

"Brielle," I said, introducing myself.

"Luke, you managed to tame the beast?" Alisha gasped. I glared at her as my hands clenched up into fists.

"More like I'm releasing the animal in him," I replied. "I know you kept him on a leash. At least I let him have a little fun, like last night where I made him come over and over again."

"Okay, okay," Luke said quickly. "That's enough."

"You're disgusting," she said. "Be careful Luke, she probably has some sort of disease."

"That's what your dad told me about you last week," I said. Alisha turned red and snapped, "You're a bitch."

"Again, what your mom said about you a few days ago. Damn is she good in bed. She was moaning so loud-"

"Enough Brielle!" Luke shouted. I glared at him and stalked off.

"Brielle, wait!" he called. I ignored him and kept walking. I tried to make Alisha think she lost something special when she broke up with Luke and he yells at me for it? Fuck that.