Chapter eighteen

~Claire~

After Brielle bought me ice cream, we wound up on the couch, laughing at some dumb movie I've never even heard of while she painted my nails. At around 6:30, she sent me away to take a shower. When that was done, I put on a big tee shirt and some shorts and started blowdrying my hair. Brielle came skipping into my room, humming the tune of "The Man" by Ed Sheeran.

"Could you stop being so freaking optimistic?" I asked her. She smiled obnoxiously at me before digging through my closet.

"Put this on," she commanded, handing me a dress that was white on top and a light peach on the bottom, the front of the skirt falling to my knees and the back falling down to my ankles. I walked into the bathroom to change and when I came out, Brielle was surrounded by make up, hair products, hair bows, perfumes, hair tools and she was holding a pair of sparkly heels.

"Sit," she commanded, pointing at my vanity. I complied and she handed me the heels before she started straightening my hair. When that was done, she pulled some of it back away from my face, leaving a few strands there to frame my face while she pinned the rest back with a peach bow that matched the skirt of my dress. Then she walked in front of me, sitting on the edge of my vanity and did my make up. She did it simple, exactly how I liked it. Brielle put a matte dark red lipstick on me with black eye liner and slight blush. Then she made me pick a perfume before spritzing some on me as I slipped on the heels.

"Holy shit you look hot," she said to me. I rolled my eyes in response.

"I'm serious. You're giving me a boner."

"Oh my God can you stop?"

"Sorry. Can't help it. Damn ma, lemme get yo numba?"

"I'm gonna punch you."

"Okay, okay. I'll stop."

I sat on the edge of my bed and played with my skirt nervously.

"What's up bub?" Brielle asked, sitting next to me. I looked at her and raised my eyebrows at the nickname. She shrugged. "I don't know, it rhymed." I rolled my eyes at her before looking down at my freshly polished white nails.

"I'm just nervous," I mumbled. Brielle patted my shoulder and said, "Don't be. Louis is super hot. Maybe you two will get it on." She winked at the end and I groaned. "I had sex with Ash and we broke up the next day. I really don't want anything sexual to happen between me and Louis for a few years."

"Ooh, you wanna go long term?" Brielle wiggled her eye brows at me. I had to fight the urge to punch her in the face, so I punched her in the arm instead, making her pout and rub her arm. Just then someone rang the bell and I checked the time. 7:59.

"Your boyfriend or mine?" Brielle smirked before getting up to answer the door. She opened it before I got there and squealed. "Lukey!"

"Ew," I said when I emerged in the hall. Brielle had jumped on Luke and was hugging him tightly while he hugged back, equally as tightly.

"Yeah, okay. Just act like you didn't see each other a few hours ago," I reminded them. Suddenly someone else knocked gently on the open door and cleared his throat. Louis was standing behind Luke in a tux with a bouquet of roses. I smiled at him and he smiled back, looking down nervously. Brielle and Luke moved out of the way and I walked confidently over to Louis, who handed me the flowers. I smiled at them and thanked him.

"I'll take care of those. You two go have fun." Brielle took the flowers from me, promised to put them in a vase in my room and shooed me and Louis from the house.

"Ready love?" he asked me, opening the passenger side to his car open for me. I smiled and nodded before getting in.

~Michael~

Luke left to hang out with Brielle and Calum was probably out trying to pick some girl up at a bar, leaving me home alone with Ashton. He was moping on his bed which wasn't different than usual, but he was more upset now because Claire was going on a date tonight.

I couldn't handle being in that house anymore and I really needed to talk to Niall. So I took my car keys and a sweater and left.

I pulled up to Niall's house looking like a wreck. I was wearing sweatpants, a ratty Blink-182 tee shirt and an old All Time Low sweater with black vans. I stormed up and knocked loudly on Niall's front door, fuming.

"I can explain-"

"Shut up!" I snapped when he opened the front door. I shoved past him and stormed into the living room, arms crossed over my chest. "Why did you kiss him?"

"You said you loved his girlfriend!" Niall shouted.

"She's like my little sister!" I shouted exasperatedly. "You know I'm gay you idiot! You out of all people should know I'm gay, Niall! What, do you have a thing for Ashton again!?"

"You know I got over that a long time ago," Niall huffed angrily. I rolled my eyes at him and said, "I can't believe you'd do this to me you jerk."

"No Mikey, I'm sorry," he said softly, walking over to me and hugging me. I shoved him off and spat, "Don't touch me!" Niall didn't listen of course and kept trying to hug me. I went to punch him but he knocked my hand out of the way and pushed me into a wall, kissing me aggressively. I kissed back just as fiercely, tangling my fingers in his hair. Niall just grabbed my hips roughly as he sucked and bit gently on my bottom lip. He left my mouth and kissed down my jaw and onto my neck, leaving a hickey on my right collarbone and making me moan. I forced his head up and kissed him again, parting his lips and massaging his tongue with my own, earning a moan of approval from him.

"Mikey, wait," Niall gasped when I left his lips and started giving him a hickey on his neck. I stopped and looked up at him.

"We've never done this properly before," he said slowly. "So, do you want to be my boyfriend?" I smiled and kissed him again, gently because his lips looked slightly swollen and probably tingling like mine.

That's pretty much how the rest of our night continued. We cuddled in Niall's bed, watching movies and making out occasionally, eating pizza rolls as we did. Eventually Niall passed out and I smiled at his cute face before resting my head on his shoulder and slipping my arm around his waist, finally falling asleep.