Chapter seven

I spent the next day lounging around the house, thinking about my movie date with Ashton the other day. He was literally so perfect.

"What the hell are you doing?" Brielle asked me when she came into the living room in only a bra and some really small shorts. I could see the top of one of her tattoos peeking out of her shorts on her left hip.

"Why can't you wear clothes like a normal person?" I countered before continuing to scroll through my phone and look at the pictures we took together yesterday. I smiled and kept reliving it over and over in my head.

"Aww you and Ashypoo are so cute together!" Brielle said in a condescending nurses tone, making me frown in disgust.

"Oh calm down big tits, I'm joking," she said, sitting next to me on the couch. I slapped her arm and she cried out in pain before rubbing her arm sullenly. Suddenly my phone buzzed in my hand.

Ash😘💕🌺💭👌:

ARE YOU HOME AND ARE YOU BUSY!?

Me: Yes and no. Why?

Ash😘💕🌺💭👌:

I HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY TO ASK YOU BUT IT HAS TO BE IN PERSON. ILL BE THERE IN TWO MINUTES.

Me: I'll be waiting(:

"That kid must be on drugs," Brielle muttered, reading the messages over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and said, "You have two minutes to tell me everything about your date with Luke yesterday. Go."

"He fell off his skateboard, I looked amazing, his friends loved me and he tried to kiss me," she said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean tried?" I asked.

"I mean he leaned in to kiss me and I ducked so he kissed a brick wall while I laughed at him," she answered, picking at her nails. I shook my head at her. "He could be the best thing that'll ever happen to you but you won't even give him the time of day. That's a really shitty move Bree."

"Yeah yeah," she said airily. I glared at her.

"Luke is probably better for you than-"

"Don't you dare even say that," she snarled, a murderous glint in her eyes. I don't even know why I said that. It was a touchy subject for all of us.

"I'm sorry," I muttered. Brielle just looked away from me and started playing with her phone. "One of Luke's idiot friends gave me his number yesterday."

"Did you take it?" I asked. She nodded. "I'm not going to use it though. It's bad enough I'm messing with Luke's head, but hooking up with one of his friends is something so evil even I wouldn't dream of doing it."

"It's nice to know you have some shred of humanity buried somewhere deep in that cold, black excuse for a soul you have," I said. Brielle just laughed and gave me the finger. Just then someone pounded on the front door.

"Your crazy, drug addicted boyfriend is here," Brielle taunted.

"He's not my boyfriend," I replied.

"Not yet. Too many drugs?" she asked. I shushed her and made sure I looked decent before opening the door.

"Claire!" Ashton shouted.

"Ashton!" I shouted back. "What's going on?"

"Last night I realised the most important thing in the whole world and I realised I had to ask you this very important question because the balance of my sanity lies within your answer!" he said, bouncing from foot to foot.