Chapter twenty two

~Claire~

It had been approximately six months since Leia came home, announcing that she and Leo had split but she had a new boyfriend named Will Graham. Right now they were sitting on the couch, watching some murder investigation show. Will kept whispering to Leia, making her gasp or go really pale before the two of them started laughing. More laughter was coming from the kitchen where Brielle and Luke were. I assumed they were having a sexual conversation, because Luke kept turning red and looking away while Brielle laughed loudly. I rolled my eyes at all of them and continued writing a poem for Ashton. Right now he was working on maths homework, and he would've been here but I was rubbish at maths and I always distracted him anyway. So, I was stretched out on my stomach on my bed, laptop open in front of me while Ashton was sat in the library, working on homework.

I groaned in frustration, really not liking how this poem was coming out.

"Ooh, so sexy." I looked up to see Ashton standing there, winking at me.

"Shut up," I sighed. Ashton came over and sat next to me, rubbing my back. "What's wrong?"

"This poem sucks," I replied. Ashton tried to take my laptop to read it, but I snatched it back and shut it, sliding it under my stomach.

"Hey," Ashton whined. I giggled and stuck my tongue out at him, so he attacked me, tickling my sides to try and get my laptop. I started laughing and trying to fight him off, one arm wrapped around my computer securely.

Ash climbed on top of me when I was on my back and kept tickling me, making me laugh so hard my stomach hurt and I had tears leaking out of the corners of my eyes. I kept trying to fight me off but he'd push my hands away like I was an annoying little fly. He finally managed to wrestle the laptop from my grasp and opened it. He rolled off of me and guessed my password quickly (Ashton) and started reading it quickly.

"This is not shit," he said when he finished. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Yeah it is."

"Not even," Ashton argued. "You make me sound like a freaking sex god."

"Shut up," I groaned, rolling over onto my stomach and burying my face in a pillow, letting out another groan.

"You make the sexiest sounds Claire," Ashton joked. "You turn me on when you make them. Do it again." I rolled my eyes at his antics and groaned in annoyance when he started whining.

"Ugh you're giving me a boner." I threw a pillow at him and said, "Shut the hell up."

"No." Ash snaked his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. "Will you read the poem to me?"

"You just read it," I dead panned and Ashton chuckled.

"Please?" He asked, his breath tickling my neck before he leaned down and pressed a kiss against the side of my neck. I shivered and caved. "Fine."

I sat up, pushing Ashton off of me and taking the laptop before reading.

"I often lie awake at two am,

Thinking of him.

Every time I close my eyes,

I see his-

Hazel, and crinkling at the edges when he laughs.

And I hear his laugh,

When the silence around me starts to become suffocating.

Around three am,

I often feel the ghost of his lips,

On my own and around my neck,