Chapter six

I woke up the next morning thinking of Ashton. That wasn't uncommon though. I was also thinking of his sisters party last night when he kissed me in that bush. I checked my phone and was disappointed when I saw no messages from him. He probably isn't awake yet, I told myself as I slid out of bed. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw a pile of waffles on the stove with a fresh pot of coffee next to it. I took some waffles and sat down at the table before starting to eat them.

A few minutes later, Brielle walked out of her room in a Mickey Mouse tank, denim vest, plain black leggings and black doc martens. Before she reached the front door, she stopped at the coat closet and grabbed her skate board that read "Show Me Your Tits."

"Where are you going?" I asked, looking up from my waffles.

"Luke texted me. Something about skate boarding. Of course I'm going. I'd love to show him up in front of his stupid friends at that dumb skate park," she replied. I rolled my eyes at her. "After all the shit you've done to him, he still fancies you?"

"Apparently so," she replied, pulling her hair out of a messy bun and letting it fall down her back.

"Sometimes you're really evil," I said, "Why don't you just give him a chance?"

"He's not my type," she replied, messing with her make up in the hall mirror.

"So quiet, musical and adorable is not your type?" I questioned.

"Don't call him adorable," she snapped, spinning around and glaring at me.

"Whoa, don't get all defensive over your boyfriend. He's not my type. You can have him. I have Ashton." I ate another bite of my waffles while Brielle glared daggers at me.

"What's going on?" Leia yawned, shuffling into the kitchen.

"Brielle's going on a date with Luke so she can embarrass him in front of his friends and whatnot," I replied, sliding her the syrup when she sat down with her own plate of waffles and mug of coffee.

"Take it easy satan," Leia said and I laughed. Brielle just rolled her eyes.

"Well, goodbye ladies and have fun with your waffles," Brielle said a few minutes later when she was done with her make up and had a black canvas bag with some make up, her speakers, an extra pair of vans, a water bottle and her wallet.

"I hope you break your ankle you demon!" I called after her. She just flipped me off.

"So, what happened with you last night?" Leia asked. "You like, skipped in like a fucking weirdo and spent the rest of the night in your room." I flushed and looked down at my waffles.

"Nothing," I mumbled.

"C'mon," Leia said, "Tell me. You know you can trust me."

"I don't kiss and tell." I slapped my hand over my mouth as soon as I said that.

"You kissed Ashton!?" she shouted suddenly.

"Yeah sure, tell the whole world," I said, suddenly losing my appetite.

"Sorry," she replied apologetically. "It's just like damn! About time!" I just laughed softly and shook my head at her. Then everyone started to wake up, so I finished my waffles quickly and went back to my room. My phone was buzzing so I dove for it. Six unread texts from Ashton were there and I smiled. Ashton: 2 Other guys: 0

Ash😘💕🌺💭👌:

Claire, are you free?

Ash😘💕🌺💭👌:

Claire text me.

Ash😘💕🌺💭👌:

Claireeeeee I miss you!!