Chapter four

The next day, I woke up from semi loud talking coming from Brielle's room. I frowned sleepily before getting up and opening my door slightly, peeking out to see her door open. With my door open I could finally hear the conversation.

"I don't understand why you won't tell me why you were upset."

"Because you don't need to know. I'm fine now, that's what matters."

"But you weren't last night!"

"Luke, just drop it."

"No! I care enough about you to ask why! This wasn't just another one of your one night stands where you two fuck and the other one just leaves! Jesus Christ just tell me why!"

"Just get out Luke! It's none of your business!"

"Is it him!? Is that why?"

Suddenly there was nothing but silence. I walked down the hall and stopped in front of Brielle's door. Luke was staring at her while pointing at the picture on Brielle's desk while Brielle just sat there with a blank face. She put on that face when she was trying not to cry.

"Get out Luke," Brielle said quietly.

"Not until you tell me. I care about you. Just let me care for you," he pleaded.

"Last night was nothing, okay? Nothing. I'll never want to be with you, ever. You're pathetic, clingy and nosy. If I didn't want a relationship with any of the other hotter guys and girls I've slept with then what makes you think I'd want to be in one with you?" Brielle snarled viciously. My jaw dropped. Brielle hated bullying but here she was, bullying the one guy who actually cared for her.

"Brielle," I whispered. Both of them snapped their heads up to look at me and suddenly Brielle had realised what she'd done.

"Luke, I-I'm so sorry! I didn't m-mean any of t-that I swear!" she choked out, visibly shaking. Luke just stared at her before shaking his head and leaving.

"No wait! I'm sorry!" she called, shoving past me and running out to stop him. I followed them, curious as to what would happen. Brielle grabbed Luke's arm and spun him around. He yanked his arm out of her grasp but she grabbed it again, flipping it over as she saw the scars there for the first time. I watched her knees shake and Luke wrapped an arm around her waist, holding her up as she almost fell.

"I d-didn't mean-"

"It's fine," Luke said, cutting her off. "It's true. Why would you be with me? I've seen other guys so much better looking than me talk about wanting to be with you. So what made me think I had a chance? I don't know. But you were right."

Brielle just held on to the front of his shirt, trying to make him believe her with her eyes. Then without warning, she grabbed his face and kissed him. Luke was shocked for a moment before pulling away.

"Don't do this to me," he whispered.

"Don't hate me," she whispered back. He stroked her face before replying, "Sadly, I could never hate you, Brielle." Then he released her and left.

"What have I done?" she groaned, slumping down on the table.

"You probably ruined the one chance you had at being happy with someone else," I replied, sitting next to her, rubbing her back. She groaned again and muttered, "I always ruin everything anyway."

"Not always," I said and she just sighed.

"Come on," I said, standing up, "We have music today. Don't you want to get there early and play me your new song?"

"No," she groaned into the table.

"No you don't want to get there early? Or no you don't want to play me your song?"