Chapter thirteen

~Ashton~

I really liked Claire, but doing girly shit with her was not fun, at all. I was glad this wasn't an all the time thing though. Claire liked shopping, but she wasn't super into it and she usually went with Riley.

Right now I was sitting in a chair in H&M while Claire hunted the aisles for some shirt she'd been wanting for a while. I rubbed my eyes, feeling exhausted even though I'd done nothing but sit in this chair for a half an hour.

"Why couldn't Riley come again?" I asked her, checking the time on my phone. Claire popped her head up over one the racks two aisles away. "She's hanging out with Darren today." I nodded and started playing 'White Tile' on my phone.

"Okay, we can go now," Claire said dramatically, sitting on my lap with a shirt clutched in her hands.

"Don't you need to like, try it on or something first?" I asked.

"Ashton Irwin are you trying to see me topless?"

"What- I- no!" I cried, my face burning. Claire laughed and kissed me. "Relax, I'm joking. And no, I don't need to try it on because I've tried it on before and I know it fits so I just had to come back and find it." I nodded before dragging her over to the cash register. While there I saw Will, this guy in my math class. Yes, I still take math even though I don't have to.

I didn't know much about Will except that his last name is Graham and that he's super creepy. He's into weird conspiracy theories and other weird shit. A lot of people, myself included, just thought he was crazy.

When Claire and I got up to his register, I pulled my credit card out before Claire could even open her purse.

"Ash," she said sternly. "Put that away. I'm paying."

"Nope," I replied cheekily, swiping my card. I didn't even know how much the shirt cost, I was just glad we were getting out of there.

"Here you are," Will said gruffly, bagging the shirt and handing it to Claire. Then he pulled on a fake smile and said, "Have a good day."

"You too," I said, grabbing Claire's hand and pulling her out of the store.

"What the hell?" she asked me.

"Will gives me the creeps," I replied, slinging my arm around her shoulders. She was shorter than me, so it was easy to do that.

"How do you know him?" Claire asked, pushing herself more into my side. I smiled and the closeness and said, "He's in my math class."

"You still take math?" she asked incredulously. I sighed and nodded. "I like it."

"Who knew Ashton Irwin, bad boy and punk band drummer was into maths," she teased, poking my cheek.

"Like, everyone in my math class," I dead panned before laughing, making Claire laugh too. Suddenly my phone buzzed.

Bree😈👹🎀:

Where are you fag bag?

Bree😈👹🎀:

Shit, wrong nickname. Here, I'll give you a new one.

Hey slutty buddy, where are you? Somewhere out with big tits I presume.

"Who is it?" Claire asked me.

"Brielle," I replied. "Apparently my new nickname is slutty buddy because fag bag is already taken." Claire laughed and said, "I think she called Luke a fag bag the other day." I laughed before sitting on a bench with Claire and texting her back.

Me: Yes, I'm out shopping with Claire. Why?

Bree😈👹🎀:

I left you a present in your room😉 so I'd suggest you go home and check it out now.