I Am Confronted-6

I Am Confronted

"Are you bored?"

"Yes!" I said not even giving him a second to breath after his words. There were only so many times you could play checkers before it got aggravating.

Declan laughed. "It's only because you haven't won yet." It was true. I'd lost every single game, but to be honest, I hated this game.

"Whatever," I said and stood up from the center table. "I just don't wanna play." I walked around the living room and messed around with some of the decorations.

You know you're bored when a vase becomes interesting.

"Okay, let's go." I looked over at Declan and saw him packing up the board and pieces. Then he stood up from the floor and looked at me expectantly.

"Where are we going?" I asked him while picking up a pair of shoes that were laying around.

"For a ride," he answered vaguely.

I waggled my eyebrows. "A ride you say?" I expected him to be embarrassed by my response but he was anything but.

"Only if you want," he said in a husky voice.

I immediately looked down at my feet; there was no way I could look him in the eye now. "No, no, I'm good," I mumbled.

He chuckled, then led the way out of my house and towards his. He pressed a button on his garage that made it rumble open. 

Inside were two cars. He pulled out some keys, pressed the unlock button then got into the drivers seat of one of the cars. I followed and sat on the passenger side.

I almost asked where we were going again, but decided against it, thinking about his previous answer.

He started the car and he backed out of his driveway. About ten minutes later, we arrived at a small, diner themed restaurant. 

Declan led me in and we sat down at one of the empty booths. I took this time to look around. The place wasn't too formal, actually it wasn't formal at all. There were groups of people standing up and there were a bunch of kids in a doorway, which I assumed was an arcade. Some people, like us, were actually sitting down, but most were walking around. It looked sort of like a meet and greet of some sort.

A waitress who looked to be in her late thirties came over and handed us our menu's, interrupting me from my analyzing.

"Get the waffles," Declan said, not even letting me open the menu.

"Why should I trust you?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

He gave me a look that I now classified as DS #2, which meant Declan's Smolder number two. Number one being the look he gave me when we were washing dishes the other day. 

But anyways, he didn't have to say anything else, I was getting the waffles.

A couple minutes later the lady came back over and took our orders. When she asked what drinks we wanted, Declan orders sweetened ice tea.

"What does that taste like?" I ask Declan once the waitress is gone.

"Well, it's like pancakes but-"

"No, I meant the tea thing," I said and rolled my eyes. Who hasn't tasted waffles before?

"You've never tried iced tea?" He asked.

"I've never heard of it."

By the look on his face, you'd think that I just said that I'd never heard of talking through a small metal device that transported  my voice to someone miles away.