I Am Confused-9

I HAVE CHANGED DECLAN'S BROTHER'S NAME TO ASHTON! IT IS NO LONGER MASON!!!! IF YOU SKIP OVER THIS YOU WILL BE CONFUSED SO READ THIS GOSH DARNIT. IT'S IN FRIGGIN BOLD! 

*********************************************************************************************************

I Am Confused

"Where's Declan?" My mom asked one afternoon.

I shrugged. He's usually always at our house, along with the rest of the family sometimes. But today, he hadn't shown up, which was odd, but I didn't want it to seem like he was my only friend here.

Even though he was.

I walked over to the kitchen table and sat across from mom.

"Why don't you go over there?" She asked me.

"Because, I don't have anything to do over there," I answered and shrugged again.

"Okay, well Elaina gave me some pasta, so why don't you go over there and return the dish?" Mom said. She then got up from the table and went further into the kitchen. When she came back out, she had a glass bowl in her hands.

"Here," she said as she handed it to me.

I sighed, like I didn't want to go over there, but was actually happy that I had a reason. And I'm pretty sure my mom picked up on that.

I got up from the chair and walked out of the front door and across my lawn to Declan's. His brother and a couple other boys were playing on the grass; tackling each other and play fighting. 

I walked past them and up to the door and rang the bell. I heard thumps, like someone was coming from upstairs before the door was opened.

By Taylor.

"Oh, um, sorry, wrong house," I muttered looking around me. How had I managed to get lost by walking next door?

"Oh, no, I don't live here," she said smiling and opened the door wider. "Come in."

I smiled and walked into the house looking around me as I did so. I had never actually been here before, so it was new to me. But it almost looked exactly like my house.

Taylor led me into the living room where Mrs. Foster was sitting, watching TV. 

"Hey, Reese," she said with a smile, then came over to give me a hug. "You didn't have to ring the doorbell. When the boys are outside, it's a come and go kind of thing."

I nodded then handed her the dish. She took it from me and put it in a cabinet before sitting back down on the couch.

"Come on," Taylor said and led me to the stairs. "You're Declan's neighbor?" She asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

She smirked.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing," she said, mischief in her tone.

I raised my eyebrow, but then it occurred to me that she was here. For what reason? I don't know. If she was Declan's girlfriend, I would die.

"Okay, shhh," she said and put a finger to her lips as we approached the door of a room I'm assuming is Declan's.

We crept up to the door and when Taylor flung it open, we both shouted, "Boo!"

"You didn't scare me Taylor," Declan said, not taking his eyes off of the television screen, while my jaw dropped. He was sitting on the floor, playing a video game, wearing nothing but boxer briefs that clung to his thighs. And I could stare at his thighs forever, but his arm muscles were patiently waiting for my eyes.