f o u r

Carlos García, played by Alex Storm ^

* * *

Worrying is literally betting against yourself.

* * *

Sage hesitantly glanced over at the brown-haired girl next to him. She was still looking at him, most likely just about to act the same question everyone else did.

Please don't ask. Please don't ask.

"What colour are your eyes?"

Well, so much for pleading...

He pressed his lips together. That was what everyone asked him, alongside the notorious question of if he was a girl or boy. He glanced over at her, making eye contact with her for a split second before his eyes were down to his hands again.

"Yellow, green, gray and brown..." he listed, resting his hand on his cheek. He took up his pencil, making a graffiti art consisting of circles at the corner of his page. "I-It's called hazel-brown, I think."

The girl stroked her hair, sticking her lips out in a small pout. "Really? I didn't know that yellow was an eye colour. It seems more like grey to me."

"N-no..." he mumbled. "It's a mixture of the colours."

"Really? Wow. I'd like my kids to have that eye colour." the girl mused. The sentence aroused the feeling of awkwardness in Sage as if it wasn't bad enough already. To him, their entire exchange was awkward. Small talk was never really Sage's forte, and neither was the fact that the girl randomly started speaking to him.

He let out a breath, the awkward silence drilling holds in his being. Why did everything have to be so darn awkward? Just talking to a girl, he couldn't bring himself to look at her for more than a second, fearing that something would happen. It was weird and strange, almost impossible to explain to someone who didn't have anxiety. Nobody ever seemed to understand.

Sage's stomach growled for the hundredth time, notifying him that he needed to eat ASAP. But he couldn't bring himself to do so with the girl watching him so intently.

How he even ended up in this situation, you ask?

About five minutes prior, Sage was sitting at one of the stylishly designed tables in the courtroom, trying to practice for his upcoming physics test, copying notes and paying attention to his environment at the same time when. He'd gotten used to these kinds of multitasking, so it was neither a problem nor a challenge. Each task had their own importance, believe it or not. Just think; he probably wouldn't have noticed the girl's approach. She could've sneaked up on him and...

And do what? Probably nothing. But you couldn't tell Sage that. Ever since people constantly decided to randomly pick on him in public, he didn't leave anything to chance. And of course, how could he forget the occurrence where some upperclassmen deemed it fit to throw a toy snake on him in public.

Sage shivered at the repulsive thought. On impulse, he glanced around, catching the girl's eyes effortlessly.

"Oh my God! Your eyes are so cute."

"T-thanks." he muttered in reply. He neglected to mention that there really wasn't anything extraordinary about them. Sure lots of people said that they were beautiful and strange, but after almost sixteen years with them, the terms of 'frog eyes' and 'creepy' were still fresh in his mind, probably permanently in tack there.

"I'm Felt, by the way. What's your name?"

"S-Sage." he replied, wearily. Felt was sort of a weird name.