n i n e t e e n

Loooooong chapter ahead. ^O^ Possibly going to be the longest one of the book. Maybe.

Just maybe...

PS. Listening to From This Moment On really helped me with Carter and Randall's little moments ... for some reason.

Oops ... spoiler?

* * *

It's impossible to stay angry at someone you truly love.

Anger lasting for more than three days indicate that you're not in love.

* * *

It had took a while, but Sage finally settled on the decision that it was best if he didn't go to the Love's again.

Well, that was if Cecilia didn't force him - which was obviously not going to not happen.

Hearing Xander talk to him like that, seconds before disappearing into his room with the girl hurt more than Sage thought it would. Just picturing the girl touching and kissing Xander made his stomach turn, a wave of hopelessness and curses at his idiocy flowing over and through him.

He felt dumb for thinking that Xander would ever like someone like him.

Sage was a boy.

Xander was only interested in girls, and that obviously wouldn't change anytime soon. Thinking that after Xander had punched him, he'd ended up kissing him and asking him out on a date was ridiculously stupid, the repulsive thought sending a sea of turbulent thoughts crashing in.

The task of getting out of bed that morning was gawky, one that Sage had to give himself the necessary kudos for.

Cecilia had questioned him as to why he was moping, but he just left it at 'nothing'. As a result, she'd settled on thinking that it had something to do with Gage, and the day before.

Sage just couldn't wait to be reunited with his friends, after not seeing them since Friday. Within seconds of Cecilia parking in the school's parking lot, Sage's eyes found Randall, who was at his usual parking spot; next to Carter's car, ultimately near to Carlos's.

Xander's car was also present, a little distance away. Even though it should've never, Sage's heart did a small flip when he saw it. He quickly trampled on those thoughts, also trying to dispel the layer of nerves lining his stomach walls. He robotically departed from the Spark after telling Cecilia a goodbye, accepting a forehead kiss, and a compliment.

His steps were gradual as he approached Randall, when he saw that Carter had already beat him to it. At that point in time, Randall seemed to be arguing with him, while Carter was lackadaisical, taking a long drag of his cigarette before blowing the smoke. No-smoking signs were allocated at multiple places on the school yard in an effort to dissuade students from partaking in the cancerous act, but of course, people like Carter and his friends never listened.

As Sage loomed closer, their voices became loud enough for him to decipher what they were saying.

"You chose to park next to me, Randall. Ain't that say somethin'? You catchin' the hots for me again? Sorry, but I ain't no twink." Carter was saying in a his usual, teasing tone, eyes closely following Randall's every movement as he stopped fiddling with something in his car to pay attention to him.