t h i r t y - o n e

#35 in depression
#485 in boyxboy
February 6, 2019 xD

* * *

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always going to remain in the same place.

* * *

It felt like a date to Sage.

Standing before the bathroom mirror, doing the sixth take of his clothing, he couldn't help but frown. Clad in an oversized daffodil parka to beat the cold, he matched it with a pair of indigo skinny jeans and black Nike Hi-tops to complete the outfit, but it still felt as though it missed something. He didn't want to look too flashy, but at the same time, he didn't want to look as though he didn't deserve to walk next to a celestial beauty like Xander.

Sage's eyebrows knitted at the center of his forehead.

You're just going to see a movie with him. Don't overdo it.

So, he journeyed back to his room a little down the hall. Once there, he picked up his round fashion glasses that laid amidst the figurines and body products haughtily standing there. His fingers lingered on his cologne as he slipped the glasses onto his face, but he retracted his hands once his subconscious mind spoke to him again.

Oh, right. D-don't overdo it.

Luckily for him, when he peered at himself through the mirror again, he looked decent.

The nerd glasses added something interesting to his face, also shielding his weird eyes from so easily being noticed and commented on. The dark rims sat on top of his lightly freckled cheeks, ending just outside the frame of his face, not too large nor small. Just right.

Or was it?

What if it was too much? Trying too hard? Maybe he should've worn his gray hoodie instead?

No. Sage made a promise to both himself and his mother that he would be taking a hiatus from that article if clothing.

For the finishing touches to his semblance, he picked up the cinnamon lip balm from the dresser, swiping a small bit across his lower lip then gliding his lips against each other to smear the oil. Wearing it in hopes of a kiss didn't even cross his mind for a second - he'd worn it because, due to the chilly weather, he knew that his lips would appear chapped at times.

When he replaced the cylinder and began to walk off, he whirled back around, strutting over to it and taking it along on second thought. He popped it in a small compartment on the side of his bag, before he was out for real. Pulling back the sleeve of his jumper, he hesitantly glanced at the time.

4:01 p.m.

Great.

He was supposed to meet Xander at the cinema at 4:20, so they would buy food and get the tickets sorted before it began, ten minutes after. They planned to see 'Black Panther'.

Sage was never a fan of action movies, but to see such a movie could be regarded as 'cool', right? Instead of seeing something like 'The Perfect Match', which was also an option for that day, as well as 'A Night At The Museum'.

The other movies on the list sounded promising, but since he booked one already, he would merely have to go along with the flow. How bad could it be?