s i x t e e n

I thoroughly enjoyed writing this chapter ... I have no idea why ... teheeheee...

Enjoy! ❤️❤️

* * *

One of the best feelings in the world is knowing that you mean something to someone.

This can literally add years to your life.

* * *

Sage had totally underestimated Vera's authority and power. He thought that within an hour or two, they'd be out of the clothes store and onto the next matter on the agenda, but he couldn't be any more wrong.

At that point in time, it was slowly edging towards four hours of being in Reese Fashion and More! and although most of the crowd had dissipated, persons were still wandering between the aisles, searching clothing racks and shoes. Sage, on the other hand, was then standing behind a changing room, shirtless, his back facing the elongated mirror in the confined space. He felt insecure as usual, cold, goosebumps covering his skinny arms. He didn't know how long it had been since Vera had pushed him in there, as she'd made him leave his watch at home.

Sage sighed for about the hundredth time, leaning back against the white-washed wall. Was all this necessary? He was aware (as of late) that his taste in fashion was despicable, but he never figured that it would be so bad that he needed 'Emergency Fashion Surgery' ASAP.

There was a frantic knock on the door, which sent Sage jumping about two feet high.

"Y-yes?" he shakily called, hoping that it wasn't another person trying to argue with him about how long he'd been in there. Needless to say, Vera took care of them.

His curiosity was laid to rest when Vera's demanding voice plummeted through the door of the stall. "Sage? Are you still in there?"

"You told me to stay." Sage replied, leaning up off the wall. "Um ... I have a lot of clothes now. C-can't we call it a day? I-I ... I'm tired." his voice dropped to a susurration as he tried his hand at bargaining with his friend. Like the first time, it was trial and error.

"Oh, come on, Sage. Don't be a stick in the mud. We need at least four more outfits for you." Vera argued, knocking again. "Open up!"

"V-Vera! I'll never be able to p-pay for it all!"

Vera chuckled. "Don't sweat it. Your mom was kind enough to give us your credit card and told us that we shouldn't past a hundred grand. We've passed half, but yup."

"I have a credit card?" Sage questioned, perplexity settling in. Since when?

"You're not getting it until you're sixteen." Vera told him, which settled his confusion, even if just by a miniscule amount. "Besides, we're all paying for at least one outfit for you. Nyx and Randal have already bought something."

Sage unintentionally released a sigh of relief at the evident that he'd be spending less time there. Suddenly, a set of clothes were thrown over the top of the door, all on hangers. Sage bit back a groan, but he was unable to control the loud one of his stomach.

"I'm hungry." he whined, caressing his bare stomach as he pouted.

"One more outfit after this one, okay? You get to come with me." Vera offered, and Sage nodded. He pulled the clothes over, holding them out at an arms length to assess them. This time, it was a dark-washed denim jeans with a few rips here and there, a white tee and an odd looking jacket thing.