Electrifying chemistry

It was another sunshiny morning in the Eeveelution Forest; it had been an entire week ever since the 'wild' Pikachu had arrived, and everyone was used to him by then.

Pikachu was really friendly and likeable, so he was well-liked among the Eeveelutions. He enjoyed every day relaxing in the lake with Zeni, babysitting Teddy, listening to Purin sing... and then immediately falling asleep; but always, always by his favorite Eevee's side.

Everything seemed perfect for him... sure, he did miss battling... and sure, he did think about Ash and the others sometimes, what he had left behind. Yet he always convinced himself that anything he could have left, couldn't compare to the constant happiness he felt since he had arrived.

"H-hey, Pikachu! Now that breakfast is over... d-do you want to go anywhere?" Eevee stuttered.

Pikachu gently tilted his head. "Why are you nervous, Eevee? I thought we were familiar already," he teased.

"O-of c-course we are!" She shot back. "...We're best friends, right?"

Pikachu pretended to ponder. "Hmmm... let me think about it..." Making Eevee's eyes sad.

"Well, of course! You, silly! I've never been so comfortable with someone in my whole life!"

He smiled sincerely, and Eevee felt extremely relieved... she never thought she would feel so sad if Pikachu thought she wasn't his best buddy.

The two were exploring around the forest, looking for something fun to do; until a special question came to Eevee's mind.

"Now that I think about it, Pikachu... you've never told me about your backstory... like what you did before you got here." The yellow mouse flinched at the question.

"Why, you really wanna know~" he said, sweat-dropping.

"Yeah! I could tell you all about mine afterwards, though i-it's not that i-interesting..." she responded, sitting by him. Pikachu thought she had caught him red-handed; that she was about to discover that the whole reason he was there was a lie.

So he was glad when strong noise distracted them both out of the subject. Pikachu looked the way all the noise was coming from when he saw a mob of young Eevees circling something, jumping around it wildly.

"What could it be一?"

He immediately gasped

He immediately gasped. A white Eevee! "It must be a一"

"Shynee..." Eevee let out a deep growl alongside the name.

"...Shynee? That's her name?" he asked, amazed.

"Yeah... she's my... cousin," Eevee answered, a little embarrassed, "she's the only Shiny our camp has had in generations, so she's very 'special' and naturally popular... she was basically born on a pedestal."

"Whoa... shinies are rare," he stated, his eyes sparkling at the sight.

Eevee started to get a little irritated. "They are..."

As they kept staring, Shynee finally noticed them and turned to them. "Oh, hello, cousin!" Shynee exclaimed. "How have you一"

...Then noticed Pikachu. She immediately ran towards them, leaving her group behind. "So you're the wild Pikachu everyone's been talking about!"

"H-huh, yeah." He stuttered, scratching the back of his head like he always did when embarrassed.

She gave her cutest smile. "Nice! I've never seen a Pikachu in my life! Your cheeks are Tamato red... do you have a crush on me?"

Eevee's eyes flared with rage.

"Wha一?! Of course not! Er, I mean... I literally just met ya..." He sweat-dropped nervously as he told her so. "Pikachu cheeks are always red."

Eevee felt extremely reassured when she heard that, and she had almost had a panic attack. "Huh? Interesting~" She chirped.

Yet, she still wanted to get Shynee out of the way. "Then how can I know when you're actually blushing?" she asked, in an all innocent tone as she tightly held Pikachu's paws with hers.

"A-ah..." Pikachu was starting to get uncomfortable.

Eevee jumped in between the two, seething, "I'm sorry, Shynee, but me and Pikachu have somewhere to go! See you later! Bye!" She dragged him away.

"Oh, well then... that's a pity," Shynee stated, ears flopping. "See you later!"

Pikachu was still starstruck from the encounter... but not necessarily out of delight.

Eevee, on the other hand, was overwhelmed. "Ugh, I can't believe I just did that! When I saw her pushing into Pikachu I just couldn't help it... I must be scared that she will take away my best friend... yeah, that must be it!" she muttered inside her thoughts, fuming.

"Eevee, you okay?" Pikachu snapped her out her daydreaming.

"Y-yeah! I was just... slightly annoyed by Shynee..." she admitted.

"She's weird and kinda clingy, alright... but she's still your cousin, right? You guys are family!" he said, tail spiking up.

"I guess... but we've never gotten along very well to begin with... in our own way," she mumbled with an almost inaudible voice.

Pikachu's ears lowered a bit seeing her frown. "Hey, cheer up! I'm sure she's a nice Pokémon deep under all that white fur and bows!"

She looked at his eyes before speaking. "...I doubt it."

She then looked at the road ahead of them. "C'mon it's almost noon! Let's get home before Dad gets angry!" Eevee exclaimed as she started running.

"Yeah, the last thing I wanna see is your dad angry," he said, as he followed her. He looked at her face, a slight frown in it.

"Smile, Eevee! Isn't your smile the cutest?" He grinned sweetly and sincerely before speeding up, leaving Eevee dumbfounded.

Her face turned completely red. "He thinks my smile is cute?! I'm… cute?! Kyaaa!"

-
Please remember to hit the little star if you enjoy! 🌟