His secret

Shynee saw her cousin run and pass by her without a word. "Eevee! How did it go?" she asked, only for Eevee to turn around, sadness reflected in her.

She rushed away again, leaving Shynee mesmerized.

Then she felt something else quickly pass by, almost like a light breeze, after Eevee. "Pikachu...?" the shiny Pokémon called, hesitantly.

"Shynee! Have you seen Eevee?!" he immediately inquired, worryingly.

"Yeah... she just passed by..." she answered blankly.

"Thanks!" he said before bolting off again.

"Wait a minute, aren't you supposed to know?!" Shynee realised as she yelled at him.

Pikachu stopped to look at her. "We had... a misunderstanding. And she's very hurt because of it."

"What?! What did you do?" she cried again, shocked.

"I... ugh, it's complicated. Sorry, Shynee, but I have to go!"

"What's going on between those two...?"
.
.
.

As he got closer to the cave, he heard soft sobbing. "She's here," he understood. He took a deep breath, before slowly going inside.

Eevee lifted her face, drying her silent tears with her arms. "Pi... Pikachu?" she muttered quietly.

"It's me, Eevee," he told her in a just as gentle voice.

She was ready to run away again, but he got in her way. "You're not going anywhere," he stated, looking down on her with strong concern and leftover emotions.

She backed off, and turned away, not able to look at him.

"Eevee, why did you run away like that?"

There was a long silence before she replied.  "You must hate me now."

"What?! Why would I ever hate you?!" he exclaimed in extreme confusion.

"Because you just wanted us to be best friends and still I suddenly pushed it forward... it must had made you really uncomfortable," Eevee said, facing the other way.

"And... I know it sounds selfish... but knowing you don't like me back, like that... I just couldn't bare to stay still," she admitted.

Then she immediately felt Pikachu embracing her from behind.

"Eevee. I don't hate you. I couldn't ever..." he assured her. "Actually... you're... you're the one I一"

"Pikachu."

A voice called, making Pikachu and Eevee let go of their hug.

It was Eifie. Eevee's mother. She looked more authoritative than usual, and the common kind smile on her face was replaced with a neutral frown.

"There's somebody looking for you at the entrance of the forest. Near where we first met you, around a month ago, remember?" she said plainly but in a strained voice.

"Y-yeah... I remember," he answered, even more puzzled.

"Well turns out that 'somebody'... is a human boy."

Pikachu's eyes widened in something even him couldn't understand.

"He's looking for his Pikachu. It's a... 10-year-old looking trainer... and since you're the only Pikachu around in this whole Forest to be known of... I..."

"No way!" Eevee cried, alarmed. "Pikachu's wild, like us! He never had a trainer and he never will! Y-you must be confused!"

Pikachu stepped forward.