Frolicking in the flowers

"Sorry I scared that Eevee away, Serena..." Ash apologized later, very ashamed of himself, while the group was eating.

"It's alright."

She smiled kindly at his gloomy figure. "It's just that Eevee really inspired me for my next Showcase."

"It did have really pretty dancing!" Bonnie chortled.

Meanwhile, the Pokémon were having their meals not very far away, having a conversation as well. "Did you see that Eevee?" Pancham asked Chespin, while muching.

"Oh, of course I did! How could I miss such a cute Pokémon~" He chirped as his cheeks became a bright shade of red in bliss.

"I see someone's in love already..." Pancham laughed as he teased him, nudging his side with his own elbow.

"And you, Pikachu what did ya think?" the bear asked curiously. At receiving no answer at all, the Pokémon frowned. "...Pikachu? Are you even listening?"

Seeing the mouse still not responding, he waved his paw in front of Pikachu's dazed eyes.

"Ah...! What?" He sharply shook his head, snapping out of his trance.

"We were talking about that beautiful Eevee!" Chespin said smoothly, clasping his hands together. "You okay, dude? You've been spacing out a lot."

"M-me? Oh, of course! It's just... It's just...I'm a bit tired," he quickly excused himself.

"You? Tired?! I know I haven't known you for that long, but if I know something it's that you're pretty energetic," Pancham grumbled.

Pikachu sweated nervously at getting cornered. "Well..."

"I know! Let's look for the Eevee!" Ash suggested.

Everyone turned to him, eyes wide.

"That's actually a very good idea," Clemont said, glasses reflecting the sunshine.

"That way you'll get to befriend it, Serena!" Bonnie added.

Pikachu's eyes lit up. Now he had the chance to see her again. Determination filled his veins as he eagerly jumped on Ash's shoulder.

"Pika, pika! (Let's do it!)" he immediately squealed.

Ash laughed in amusement. "Looks like Pikachu agrees. What do you think, Serena?"

"You would really do that for me, guys? Thanks!" Serena chirped gratefully.

Pancham scoffed. "He's suddenly not so tired, huh...?"

.
.
.

After Clemont's try of an invention to look for Eevee failed miserably, Ash came up with a better idea.

"Okay, let's split up," he ordered, "and find it the conventional way."

"Good idea. Pancham, Braixen," Serena called, as her two Pokémon responded. "You look for Eevee that way, I'll go on my own to cover more ground."

"Pancham! Braix! (Okay!)"

"Talonflame, Noibat, look from the sky, please tell us if you see anything special, okay?" Ash ordered. Both the Pokémon nodded and flew off.

"Pikachu, do you want to come with me?" Ash asked his companion.

He jumped off his shoulder, as he glanced up at him with a friendly expression. "Pikachu! (No thanks!)"

He wanted to do this one on his own.

"What? You want to go alone?" the trainer questioned, confused. Pikachu nodded in confirmation. "Okay! Just don't get lost or escape again!" Ash chuckled awkwardly. Making Pikachu sweat-drop from painful memories and exasperation.