Day 5

After some minutes of talking and catching up with Eifie and Zeni, Pikachu was starting to feel uncomfortable. He scratched the back of his ear as he asked himself why he suddenly felt like this. "Hey, hasn't Eevee been away for quite a while?"

"She's with Umbreon, remember? She'll be fine," Zeni answered, shrugging nonchalantly.

Pikachu looked away, trying to forget the subject and trust that nothing would happen to his friend... but he couldn't shake the thought out his head. "I'm gonna go look for her," he stated, standing on his four paws. "It'll be quick!"

"I'll go with you!" the Squirtle called with speed, she then looked embarrassed, as she fiddled with her fingers while looking down. "…Y-you, you don't mind, right?"

Pikachu cringed a little with awkwardness. "S-sure, no problem..."

Zeni hopped eagerly next to him, but when he glanced at her in the eyes, she immediately looked away with a blush.

"The forest is a dangerous place," Eifie shouted, as the two Pokémon walked away. "Be sure to stay safe."

---
Blacky held Eevee's scruff firmly but tenderly, as Hypno's pendulum rocked one side to another, making the ticking sounds of a moving clock.

Her eyes followed, hypnotized, as each and every memory relating to Pikachu disappeared from her mind. And as soon as it started, it was over.

Hypno's object stopped moving and Blacky put his daughter back at the ground with ease. She blinked once. Twice.

She shook her head and stood over, tilting her head at the Pokémon and surroundings around her. "Dad? What are we doing in the forest? And who's this Pokémon?"

"This is Hypno, he's an ally, do not worry, child," the Umbreon explained, looking at her with his typical blank expression, though, like Eifie, his eyes revealed his true emotions.

He felt deeply troubled, but he didn't want to admit it. The Eeveelution sighed before saying, "Wait for me over there, dear… I have something to discuss with him一"

"Kay, Dad! I'll bring you berries!" She beamed, her lips curling into a wide grin.

"Be careful!" Blacky yelled as the little Eevee ran away towards some nearby bushes.

He sighed again.

"How can you be such a bad and good father at the same time?" the hypnosis Pokémon inquired with slight sarcasm when Eevee got far away enough.

"We've talked about this. You have one job, and I don't want you jabbing at me every single time you do it…" Blacky glared at him.

"Hey, that doesn't mean it isn't true. You're so overprotective of her, yet you don't mind taking her memories away."

Umbreon growled under his breath at the accusation. "Your job is done, now leave."

"You're messed up!" the Hypno chuckled with a twisted grin. "But don't worry, I'm messed up, too! As an Hypno, our hypnosis talents are often not recognized. But you gave me the opportunity to use them一"

"Leave."

The yellow monster raised his hands in the air, as he backed away, the permanent grimace in his face. He slowly disappeared between the bushes.

Blacky scoffed. "Creep..." He turned his head to where Eevee had ran off to and called out to her with worry. "Are you still there, Eevee?"

After a few minutes, a chirpy voice answered, still out of sight. "Yup! There are lots of berries here!"