Day 3

Purin looked behind the two of them: nothing was chasing them anymore. She sighed with relief. "The plan worked!"

"What?" Eevee asked with a whisper.

"The Houndoom went after Pikachu, we have time to get to Eeveelution Camp now," the Jigglypuff answered.

"But what about Pikachu?!" the Eevee cried angered.

"I'll leave you safe at the Camp, and then I'll go save Pika, no worries!" Purin said cheerfully. "Now let's get out of here!"

Eevee stared at the ground worriedly. "I don't want to leave Pikachu behind, what if something serious happens?"

"You've got to have more trust on Pikachu, as far as I know, he's been on way worse situations…" Purin pulled Eevee's paw, signalling her to follow.

"Um, okay一"

A massive group of wolf-like howls interrupted their escape.

"Oh, no. The pack is following their leader on the hunt," Purin muttered, brow furrowing.

Before she could stop her, Eevee ran away towards her friend in hope to save him.

"No! Eevee, return! Wait, don't一!"

"I can't let anything happen to him!" the brown Pokémon yelled, determined.

×××

"So it was you?!" the one-horned Pokémon snarled.

"Huh... does it really matter? I'm just a little Pikachu... I was defending myself, hehe!" Pikachu backed away, leaning onto the rock wall trapping him in front of the angry Houndoom.

"You were mocking me! You little idiot!" he roared in fury. "This won't go unpaid! You better look behind your back."

Pikachu was confused. "What's behind my back? The wall?"

"Look a little higher, will ya?"

Pikachu stared upwards: a whole pack of angered Houndooms glared down at him from over the tall rocks. "Oh."

"A little bark from my mouth and my friends will leave you in pieces!" The Houndoom laughed happily.

"Alpha Hellgar," one of the Houndooms spoke to him. "When shall we dive in?"

The Houndoom, revealed to be named Hellgar, raised his muzzle and sniffed the air throughly before chuckling again. "Let's wait a little bit. I think we'll get some more dinner if we wait an extra bit."

---

"Eevee! Don't do this! It's a whole pack of angry Houndooms!" the Jigglypuff pleaded.

"What about Pikachu?! HE is surrounded by a whole pack of angry Houndooms!" Eevee shouted, immensely irritated.

"Do you even have a plan?!"

"Eh. No... but if we're together we'll be stronger, right?" the evolution Pokémon assumed naively.

When they arrived at the dead end Pikachu had reached, the Electric-Type was all alone, looking petrified.

"Pika. What happened to the Houndooms?" Eevee inquired, confused. "Did you blast them off?"

Pikachu fervently shook his head, no words coming of his mouth. He seemed really nervous. He proceeded to signal with his hands for both to keep silent and run away, but both females didn't understand.

"What is he trying to say?" Purin whispered at Eevee nervously.

"No idea. But it must be no good. Should we go to him?" the latter whispered back. Being hesitant, the Jigglypuff nodded.