Trying to forget you

Ah, Kalos.

It's been years since the 'incident.'

Misty and Brock had left Ash and Pikachu a long time ago to follow their own paths. Ever since, the two friends (now closer than ever), had traveled to various regions together; like the Orange Islands, Johto, Sinnoh, Unova and now... Kalos, the "region of love", as some called it.

But no matter how many companions came and passed, Ash and Pikachu always remained.

The adventures they had were so breathtaking... Pikachu thought nothing could surprise them by now.

Yet...

He still could not forget, not that he wanted to, it was a promise he made to Eevee. But even though he would definitely not forget her... he still had to move on, right?

After all, Eevee was now a distant matter.

Far away in Kanto, living a peaceful life with Purin, Shynee, Zeni... nostalgic memories...

Or at least so he thought.

"Let's settle here, guys!" A little blonde girl chirped, rolling on the grass with a Dedenne.

"Hmm. It looks like a nice place for our picnic," a blond boy with round glasses said.

"Agreed!" Beamed a honey-blonde girl, her Pancham jumping in the air happily.

"There's many nice Pokémon here!" Ash exclaimed with his usual grin. "Why don't we let our Pokémon out?"

"Good idea!" the tall girl next to him seconded.

"Hey, Pikachu, come with us!" a mischievous Chespin called.

"Sure, why not?" The mouse smiled, jumping down from his trainer's shoulder.

And so everyone was playing and relaxing.

"I love moments like this..." Pikachu thought, feeling his heart at peace. "They remind me of my carefree times... now it's all battling and defeating some evil organization and losing the league... it's getting kinda boring."

The honey-blonde girl, named Serena, was making cute flower arrangements with her loyal Braixen.

The two put their arrangements together, making a pretty flower tiara. She gave one to both the little girl, Bonnie, and her chirpy Dedenne.

"They're so cute!" Bonnie squealed, before Dedenne's circlet fell, rolling down the cliff.

"Dedenne! (Oh, no!)" the Pokémon shouted in dristress.

Pikachu hopped cheerfully down the hill. "Pika! (I'll go get it!)" he bellowed.

"Brai brai! (Wait, Pikachu!)" Braixen yelled from behind, following him with concern.

"Braixen?" Serena asked, going after her. While running after the flower circlet, Pikachu tumbled down the hill, something Braixen tried to warn him about.

When he lifted his eyes, the first thing he saw made them sparkle.

It was an Eevee.

Dancing gracefully over some rocks.

Immediate flashbacks came back to him.

It reminded him of

It reminded him of... her.

"Pfft, who am I kidding? Her? Here?"

Impossible.

Right?

"Brai Brai Xen Braix! (You should be more careful!)" Braixen nagged him, fists on her hips.

Since Pikachu was way too distracted, Pancham gave the circlet to Dedenne; while Serena stared at the wild Eevee almost as awed as Pikachu. "Look, Bonnie," she muttered to the little girl.

"Oh! It's just precious一" Bonnie squealed in excitement.

"Shh... we don't want to scare一"

"CLEMONT'S TEA IS READY…!" Ash's brash voice boomed into the air, frightening the Eevee, who noticing the crowd, bolted away.

Everyone sweat-dropped, exasperated.

"Ugh, it ran away!" Bonnie exclaimed in mild anger.

"Pancham… (Bummer…)" The bear sighed.

"Too bad... its dancing really inspired me for new combinations for Showcases!" Serena said, finger touching her mouth.

"That Eevee must be really shy..." added Bonnie with disappointment.

Shy, too?

All these coincidences were making Pikachu's head spin in denial.

"It can't be her. She's back in Kanto. With her parents. Her family. Her friends! That Eevee isn't my Eevee!"
.
.
.

"...I'll never move on, will I…?"

-
Please remember to hit the little star if you enjoy! 🌟