Day 2

The ground crunched as the Eevee and Pikachu stepped on the dry leaves and fallen branches.

The air felt moist and thick, and their vision slowly became blurry, not enough to blind them, but it was difficult recognizing shapes ahead.

"This truly looks like a creepy forest," Eevee noted. "...I hate the feeling it's giving me."

She shivered with fear.

"Let's keep our eyes ahead, Zorua said we shouldn't go this way, so it's probably better if we do the opposite, believe me," Pikachu reassured her, a determined grin plastered on his face despite the circumstances.

"You're... quite brave, Pikachu!" Eevee sincerely smiled, feeling safer inside.

He blushed slightly. "Ah, this is nothing compared to the things I usually go through with Ash. I've actually dealt with Zoruas in the past, back in Sinnoh... as long as it's not Zoroark, I'm not too worried."

Eevee giggled good-heartedly. "So for Zorua it's all bark and no bite?"

"Yup. That Goth Puppy is just that... a goth puppy." He laughed at the new nickname, which he thought was pretty creative for being last minute.

They both cackled, feeling much less scared with each other's company.

Suddenly, there was another crunching noise, which surprised both, their eyes widened.

"Um, Eevee, was that you?" the Electric-type asked with a hint of horror.

Eevee slowly shook her head, being shaken as well. "So that means it wasn't him, either."

"So... what... who?" they both stammered nervously.

They couldn't smell anything familiar around一 actually, yes, it was quite familiar. A certain, dim scent coming from the path ahead. But like before, they didn't know if it was the "good kind of familiar" or "the bad one".

Zorua turned out to be kind of a mix between the two.

Anyways, the two Pokémon guessed it was better finding out themselves than it finding them instead, so they followed the smell.

After a while, Pikachu stated, "It's near."

And now that they were closer to it, Eevee realized it was the scent of a Pokémon. It smelled very similar to how Zorua did; she was curious.

"Hey, Pika," she whispered. "It's just me, or does it smell kind of damp and misty?"

He sniffed the air. "Um, yeah. Kinda. Why?"

Before Eevee could answer, a pink spot appeared in the distance. Round and pink. Was it a another Pokémon?

It entered a rock-constructed cave and disappeared from sight. "That must be it. Let's follow! I don't think it saw us!" the yellow mouse commanded.

"Or maybe it did, and that's why it hid?" Eevee pondered.

"Doesn't matter! As long as it's still around!" he responded, running towards the cave.

Eevee followed close behind; but Pikachu still looked behind him once in a while to make sure nothing happened to her.

Warily, they checked inside before tip-toeing in. There was dimmed light inside, coming from a lamp that stood over an old radio. Pikachu started getting flashbacks.

After analyzing the pink figure from close up, the two critters realized it was just a Jigglypuff. Unless it sent them to sleep, they'd be fine. The Jigglypuff turned on the radio, and even more familiar music reached the Pokémon's ears.