I missed you

Step. Step. Step.

Pikachu almost felt himself plummeting to the ground in despair as he weakly walked through the deep forest.

It was like his world had crumbled into pieces.

One day, he was the happiest he could be with a wild Eevee. No worries at all.

Well, apart from the fact he actually had a trainer... now that he realized it, the problem wasn't that big of a deal, apart from the fact that he hid it from the others.

And in the end, lost everything...

The eternal forest finally ended when the bright sunlight reached his half closed eyes, blinding him for a moment; everything seemed blurry until he recognized a tall familiar figure in front of him.

Could it be...?

"Pikapi...? (Ash?)"

"Pikachu...!"

The blurry figure finally cleared up, revealing the trainer. The young, surprised boy immediately ran towards the Pokémon, grabbing him and holding him in the air with pure joy and relief.

"Oh, Pikachu! I'm so sorry…! I didn't think you would run away... I really thought I lost you…! I…!"

He held him tightly as Pikachu nuzzled his face into his trainer's chest, suddenly feeling like crying all over again.

"I'm… I'm so happy…" Ash's own brown eyes quivered, nearly letting tears fall as well.

Pikachu smiled, feeling bittersweet and hugging him back just as desperately.

"It was my fault... I wasn't giving you enough attention... I didn't understand… I was a terrible trainer, wasn't I?" Ash's eyes wandered upwards, reaching the azure sight of the cloudless sky.

"Pikachu… I want to be your friend! Your best friend from now on…! Will you... will you forgive me, Pikachu?" he asked hesitantly, he looked like he was on the brim of crying; something strange coming from someone as strong as Ash Ketchum.

After witnessing this change, Pikachu gently nodded, with a bittersweet bright smile, getting to Ash smile softly as well.

"I don't want you to leave me ever again...! We're on this together, buddy! I couldn't just go on without you!" Ash beamed, sounding very relieved.

"You bet he was sick worried for you... after you didn't come back for dinner, we knew something was up. So we started looking for you, well, me and Brock did... since Ash wouldn't budge from leaving this spot until you came back," Misty explained cheerfully, running closer towards the mouse and petting his head.

"Then one day, this shiny Sylveon came by... Ash told her about you, and she immediately left running... then you returned. I guess it worked!"

"It was kind of concerning since, you lasted about a month in there, Pikachu... we thought you abandoned us..." Brock stated, reaching down to pet and welcome back Pikachu with a grin.

Pikachu's ears lowered momentarily.

What he did was wrong.

He thought Ash would get over his absence, but he wouldn't just leave him. Pikachu realized how much worth he was to Ash. And he figured, Ash was worth to him, too.

"Pikachu, Pika! (I'm sorry, guys!)" he cried, heartfelt, staring up at all of them. "Pikapi, Pikachu! (I'll never leave you like that again!)" he promised sincerely, being regretful.

Ash chuckled, like he understood the mouse.

"It's okay... from now on we'll be better! Together, right?!"

"C-chu! (R-right!)"

"Now we can finally leave this creepy forest," Misty muttered with a heartwarming grin as she started walking away.

"I'm glad you're back, buddy," Brock chirped happily, following her.

"Now we can finally move on to the next city!" Ash said determinedly. "We've been slowed down a lot... so, no more distractions!"

Battling. He had surely missed it.

"Pika~!"

"We're gonna be the very best...!"

As the group rushed away, a question came to Ash's mind. "Hey, Pikachu... what were you doing all the time in the forest? Was there something holding you back...?" he asked the Pokémon still residing in his arms out loud.

"Ash, remember Pikachu's a Pokémon. He won't just blabber out to you a whole story..." Misty remarked, passing past him with a jeer.

"Hey, at least I'm trying to connect with him!" Ash glared at her and hmphed.

"Whatever. Pikachu's a tough Pokémon, no matter what happened back there... he probably doesn't care by now."

What they would never know.

There was something, well, someone.

.
.
.

"Are you sure this was the best decision, Queen Nymphia?"

"What's meant to be, no matter how long separated, always meets again, dear..."

-
Please remember to hit the little star if you enjoy! 🌟